Chapter 2

She was reeking, who would have thought spending time in a tomb would leave you with the worse stench in history? She smelled worse than that Spindrall...no wait, that's an understatement. Who knew how old that man is?

Whatever, she was just glad to be out of the tomb despite the sun loving to blind her every time. She thought she gasped as she stared up at the academy. It was huge and pretty scary looking.

She is so screwed.

There was no way she could blend in or belong there, not when everyone she saw was scary looking or buff.

And here she was, a scrawny pale former slave.

As she thought, when nearing the entrance, she could practically feel the stares at her back. Stares, judging her, waiting for her to make a mistake. A shiver ran down her spine once she entered the academy.
She had no survival skills except from those in the tomb and she was expecting to be dead at the end of the week. It would be a surprise if she actually survived.

And hell, was there no lights in there? It was one was underground or in a dungeon. Wait, she did saw some lights but they cast an eerie gloomy light in the hallways. Chevva didn't wanna know how dark it was gonna get at night. She was never one to be afraid of the dark but now? She was far more than just freaked out.

Nevermind that, she needed to go find Harkun somehow. If only she could move.  It was like someone had decided to put her in carbonite, the inner bigger room of the academy was terrifying. Like literally terrifying. It was huge and then there was this huge statue in the middle of it all.

She had to shake her head to get rid of the thoughts of death and despair and instead she walked off to hopefully find that son of a hutt. Which she, ironically, quickly did. Sneaking inside the room, she tried not to act like she was actually late.

"Ah, the last one. Always the latecomer. Now we can see what the hermit thinks of you slime." Darn it, so much for sneaking in.

Instead of reacting, she tried to tune him out even when he was calling Kory up. A part of her already knew it was gonna happen but that didn't change the fact that she was disgusted when he killed her, making her show a shimmer of weakness and look away. Only to look at the stranger who had pushed her back at the platform. 

"Meet our newcomer - Ffon Althe. This is real Sith strength, and he will tear you apart and crush your bones, slaves." Wow and damn ugly he was as well. Granted, she have never met Purebloods before but Ffon was ugly at the very least.  And hearing Harkun's voice definitely showed that he was favoring the other acolyte and she was grimacing slightly. Asshole.

"Congratulations on your new pet. Now give us the rest of the trial." She spoke dryly, not even capable of stopping herself. 

"Step this way, slave. I want to speak to you privately. The rest of you --get out of here. You know your trials. You too, Ffon, Spindrall awaits."

Chevva almost gulped. This was it, he was gonna kill her despite what Spindrall thought, and no one would even bat a eye at it.

"Now, listen to me. Spindrall is a lunatic. His approval means nothing. You are filth and you will die. Is that clear?" Oh good...she wasn't dying...yet.

She simply agreed to avoid any further troubles and listened to her next trial. Apparently, a special one just for her. Doesn't she just feel so special.

"Don't count on my demise, Harkun. I don't die easy." She retorted quickly and stayed for a moment before she was disappearing out of the room as quickly as she could. Only stopping to breathe once she was as far away from the other as possible.

---

It had gone a month since her trial at the cells, having to torture another boy.  Back then, she had been traumatized afterwards but now she just...felt different. Nevermind the fact that she had survived for more than a week, it was slightly easier for her to act tougher than she was.

Without even a look at the other students in the room, she went out of bed and made her way to where Harkun was, for her last trial. It's not that she wasn't scared, she was. It's more of the fact that either she'd be dead or alive and she was counting on being dead after this.

The first thing she noticed was that Ffon wasn't there which meant that Harkun definitely had given the red skinned male a good headstart. It made her clench her fists, while also trying not to show a single emotion show. And her suspicion of the headstart was confirmed just a moment later and she almost gulped and was about to open her mouth to say something.

But she stopped as she suddenly saw a blonde woman standing beside them and she jerked in surprise, not expecting the other. From how Harkun greeted her meant that this was Lord Zash, damn. She was dying this day it seemed. Closing her mouth shut, she leaned back a bit to let them talk, not daring to interrupt them.

Wait a minute? Did Zash just mention something that was vital and that Ffon didn't know about it? Chevva smirked and turned towards Harkun and couldn't keep her mouth shut this time.

"Well, well, well. It's a good thing I didn't start running, isn't it Harkun?" She purred but was ignored.

"It's too late. Ffon's already left. You can't just-"

"-Give one acolyte an unfair advantage over the other? Overseer, when has being Sith ever been about being fair?" 

Chevva wanted to laugh in Harkun's face and taunt him but she refrained herself. Best not to get overconfident with a Sith lord near. Speaking of, Lord Zash was turning towards her and she almost gulped again.

"Now, my dear acolyte, here is what you must do to free the Dashade. There are rods scattered throughout the tomb of Naga Sadow. These rods are the keys to the chamber where the ancient assassin is imprisoned. You will need to place the rods in the chamber door and electrify them." She nodded in acknowledgement.

"I don't know exactly the reason- but it is clear that you will not be able to retrieve the map without the Dashade. But be careful- he is very dangerous." Just great, a very dangerous assassin. Every girls dream.

"Is there anything else I should know about the Dashade?"

"It's a force-resistant assassin- I have reason to believe this one was placed in the tomb by Tulak Hord himself."

No freaking way. Chevva wasn't particularly strong so she relied a bit more on the Force than sheer strength. So how the hell was she supposed to defeat a force-resistant assassin?!

She was so dead.