2- Does He Bring You Pleasure?

_________________________________________________________________________________

When my body now faced his, I took in all his features: his light eyes which were the color of the England sky, extremely bright, but still somehow dark. His once long blonde curls were a short stack of waves sitting on his fair skinned head. A beard no longer lingered on his angular jawline, and his slim, yet muscular body was currently being flattered by the fresh blue linens draped upon his body.

Yes, I knew who exactly the handsome male was and a smile found its way to my face.

"Oh, John!" I exclaimed happily, but in a soft whisper, not daring to make myself be heard or hug John in fear of embarrasment in front of the whole court.

"Ello' Rosie. It's been far to long." A quick smile crept along John's plump, pink lips, but it suddenly faded as he remembered all the months he had been away from court.

He was right, it really had been a long time. John Carrieber was like my brother; practically my flesh and blood. At age four, he was bethrothed to my older sister, Victoria. My parents were responsible mostly for John's upbringing considering the fact that his mother spent her days whoring around with the men of all the England provinces. Victoria never liked John, though. She claimed that his family ties and light good looks were not enough to impress her. However, because William's father was a well known Earl, and could bring great wealth to the Seymour family, my parents insisted the two must wed. John neither approved or dissaproved of Victoria; he just did as we told. So, Victoria at age nineteen, was set to marry John who was twenty-one at the time in front of the King. That never happened, though. Two weeks, before the wedding the King imprisoned my sister, brother, mother, and father on charges of treason along with the Boleyn family on an accusation of trying to take over the throne. Victoria told John to leave England quickly for the safety of his family name. He did so, and my family was then killed. It's been five months since then.

Now, John is back, and I couldn't be more overjoyed. There were so many questions I wanted to ask him, like where he went, if he missed Victoria or me, or if his family was safe. But I didn't want to waste a night digging up the past.

John stared at me intently, like at any moment I could just disappear at any moment and we would be seperated again. Then music began to start playing and people stood up from their dinner to find a partner to dance with. The song was a romanti, festive ballad.

I peeked up at John's face and laced my fingers with his, "Come on Sir Carrieber, let's dance."

"As you wish, Lady Seymour." He beamed a brotherly smile.

As we walked onto the dance floor some maidens of the court glanced up at John and shot me envious looks. I giggled to myself, and as John picked up my other hand to dance he asked me what was so funny.

"Oh, nothing my lord. You've been here for such a short time, yet the woman of the court can't help but claim you as theirs wth their eyes. It's quite extrodinary."

John chuckled but shrugged his shoulders as if the women did not mean a care in the world to him.

As the projection of the music progressed John led me gracefully throughout the whole dance. My fingers were comfortably placed in his silky palms and our feet glided smoothly against the floor. We continued this until about halfway into the song when a statuess figure stood next to John and forced us to stop dancing. The figure was the King himself.

"Well, if it isn't John Carrieber. Good day, Lad." The King bellowed loudly trying to overcome the music.

"You're Majesty, Swell Afternoon to you." John replied boldy.

"Welcome back to Court." The King quickly said.

"Thank you, My Lord." And with that John grabbed my hand and was about to start up dancing again when the King placed his hand ontop of John's and paused.

"If you wouldn't mind, Sir Carriber, I would like to finish the dance with Lady Seymour." The King stated more then requested.

John, knowing better than to refuse King Henry his wished granted him access to my hands. He then walked away to sit at a dining table to enjoy a meal of rich meat which was hunted by all the King's men. When I felt his presence leave, an emptiness formed in the pit of my stomach, as if at any moment we would be torn apart again. Putting all that aside though, I placed my hand into the King's hands and focused my attention souly on him.

The King began to move, and made his motions very graciously, "Lady Seymour, your singing was surpurb tonight."

I smiled at the thought of my voice making the court applaud me, "Thank you, My Lord. Singing brings me great pleasure. When my parents were killed, I used to sing lullbies to myself to get through the night."

The King passed absentmindely through the jab I had just thrown him and spoke on, "Well, what else brings you pleasure Mistress Rose?"

I paused. Pleasure? "I'm sorry, Your Majesty, I do not conclude the meaning of your question."

The King rushed hurridly on, "Does John Carriber bring you pleasure? I see how you looked at him as the two of you danced; never taking your eyes off of eachothers faces."

I was taken aback. How dare the King make my relationship with John something that it's not. "My Lord, the pleasure Sir Carriber brings to me is the kind a brother would bring a sister. I have grown up with him all my life, and he is apart of me. As you may know, John Carriber was set to marry my sister Victoria. However that never happened, Your Majesty. I would never do that to my sister, John loved her very much, My Lord." I spoke humbly.

A broad smile erupted on Henry's face and his eyes gleamed at me. "That is a pleasure to hear for me, Lady Seymour, because I can't have another man wanting you. I have such high hopes for you Mistress Rose." He then let go of my hands and the song suddenly stopped.

And I was left in the middle of the silent dance floor collecting my thoughts on what had just been said and occured.

________________________________________________________________________________

Vote! Comment! Share <33