1- Angel Voice

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Rose, take a deep breath...suck it in!"

Elizabeth Parker's, one of the young ladies whom I bunked with, nasally voice rang in my ears as she screamed at me while trying to fit me in my dress; my dress for the dinner I was ordered to sing at. Ordered by the King, that is.

I had chosen a very bland, modest, and un-exposing yellow ball gown. Yellow complimented my light eyes, but contrasted with my sunkissed skin. I knew the King would dissaprove with his entertainment looking so horrid, but that was my goal. I was still furious with the King.

"I'm sucking in, Miss. Elizabeth!" I screamed back breathless for the lack of air I was losing.

As soon as the words were out the laces of the corset were all tied and Elizabeth huffed in approvement and walked away tired.

Elizabeth Parker was quite an interesting woman, and by interesting I mean very peculiar. She is one of the duke's daughters, and she was unluckily blessed with extremely pale skin and strawberry blonde hair. Elizabeth expressed her madness daily about feeling as if she would never find a husband due to the ugliness she bore on her outside. I knew all this because I had to share a bed with her for the five nights I was stuck in the Courts palace. Elizabeth was not that bad, and compared to some of the other ladies at the court, she was deamed pleasant  to live with.

I hugged my stomach with my hands and felt the beading around the dress, sighed, and began to walk out of my bed chamber to go into the dining hall to prepare for the dinner feast...and my big preformance.

 To say that I was nervous would be an understatement. I loved to sing, and, though, compared most other fine young maidens I was an extrodinary singer, I had never sang in front of a crowd that belonged to the King of England's Court. Sure, I wanted the King to hate me, because I hated him, but I did not want to fail at the only thing I was strictly well at. So, I took a large breath of air and vowed to sing my most beautiful preformance yet.

The deafening sound of peope's chatter filled the dining room as I stood in the middle of the stage floor. Amounts of endless tables surrounded me with all the residents of the court. King Henry sat right in front of me, eye to eye. He was seated on his throne, with no queen beside him. Just Catherine Staffordson; the mistress he had taken to recently. When the King saw me step foot onto the floor, he immediately beckoned everyone to be silent. He then gestured his hand for me to begin.

The song I was about to sing was picked out just for the King. "Greensleves" written for Henry's late wife...Anne Boleyn. The vile woman who ruined my family. I hoped the king would love it.

I opened my mouth, closed my eyes and the first note began to strum out of my mouth....

"Alas, my love, you do me wrong,

To cast me off discourteously.

For I have loved you well and long,

Delighting in your company.

Greensleeves was all my joy

Greensleeves was my delight,

Greensleeves was my heart of gold,

And who but my lady greensleeves.

Your vows you've broken, like my heart,

Oh, why did you so enrapture me?

Now I remain in a world apart

But my heart remains in captivity.

Greensleeves was all my joy