Pride Festivals & Japan [Closed]

Festivals come and go, leaving certain memories behind. Yet stories do not, they remain, telling the tale of what once was. Join us on AmbassadorsJP and FreeTheLGBT this Pride Month on Wattpad, with the elements of love and acceptance!

PROMPTS

AmbassadorsJP

It's the time when Pride Month is lighting up some celebrations in Japan. You look at the bustling crowd of people gathering at markets or walking with their dates before the summer festival begins. Your eyes focus on one specific couple. You think of two sakura blossoms that fall together, both unique yet beautiful like the couple...

FreeTheLGBT

You meet someone at a cat café. They give you an exclusive pass to a Pride event in the heart of Japan, and an offer to meet again.

RULES AND GUIDELINES

🌈Your story must adhere to Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

🌈Deadline: 30th June, 2023 [EST].

🌈For this contest, we will only accept English and Japanese entries.

🌈Entries can be part of a collection or a stand-alone. Only stand-alones are able to be featured in the "Contest Winners" reading list of both host profiles.

🌈We won't accept mature content for this contest.

🌈We ask that you keep the Wattpad's Code of Conduct in mind when participating and that all entries adhere to Wattpad Content Guidelines.

Feel free to visit the Safety Portal at any time to learn more about keeping safe on Wattpad.

🌈You can submit only one entry per prompt.

🌈It can be fan fiction or an original story, as long as it's based on or inspired by our prompts.

🌈Your story will need to be published on Wattpad (we do not accept links to external sites or documents), and it has to be submitted through this FORM within the deadline.

🌈Your story must include a clear representation of LGBTQIAP+ character(s) and/or theme(s).

🌈Your entry must be within 1500 - 2000 words.

🌈Please pay attention to spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Creativity and relevance to the prompt will be taken into consideration during judging.

🌈It must be a new story written for this contest - stories published before the contest has started won't be counted.

🌈Optional: Share your entry in the comment section below so other Wattpaders can check it out.

🌈Optional: Nominate a friend to write their own story by tagging them in the comments.

PRIZES

🌈Winners will receive stickers.

🌈Shoutouts on the AmbassadorsJP and FreeTheLGBT message board.

🌈Bragging rights.

🌈The winning stories will be added to a relevant reading list on AmbassadorsJP and FreeTheLGBT.

🌈The winning stories will be added to the anthology of the host profiles.

CONTEST DISCLAIMER

Please note that this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors (volunteers) and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse contest entries that we feel do not meet the required criteria or contain potentially triggering material. We are not obliged to give feedback related to entries, and any given is at our discretion. Please note that the decision of the judges is final, and that abusive language or behaviour directed at the Ambassadors, the profile, or the judges will not be tolerated and may be reported to Wattpad's Trust and Safety team for their inspection.