Chapter 6: Queens in the Future, Friends in the Past

(I like that out of the cast they picked Melia and Nia, both ladies who are half and half of their people in a way. Also, Melia did have her moment in the Future Connected. I love how they were written in 3 so much. Enjoy!)

                 Shulk, Rex, Mythra, and Noah were walking to the castle as Noah looked up at the sky. Rex was chatting with Mythra as Shulk was still tinkering with the communication device.

"It is a little strange to hear that Nia is going to be queen" Rex confessed, "Can you even imagine that?!"

Mythra rolled her eyes as she replied, "Better her than just us"

"What? What makes you think that?" Rex asked as Shulk tilted his head to listen in.

"She's part human and blade" Mythra answered, as if it was the easiest solution, "That unites us, causes no differences either. Seems reasonable to me"

Noah wondered something as he glanced to Shulk. Shulk already knew the question he was going to ask.

"Melia's in the same situation too" Shulk answered before twisting something on the device, "She's half High Entia and hom. She was spared and led her people against our enemies. To me, I am proud of her to be queen and accepting it so well. I am even more grateful to know she has your friends here to look after her too"

Noah could only smile as Rex turned around, hands on his head, and answered, "Now that we are here, everything is going to go smoothly! I just know it!"

Mythra rolled her eyes as she simply tapped Rex's nose to push him. He waved his arms before falling on the ground with a thud, making Shulk laugh as Noah rushed to help him up. Rex thanked Noah as Shulk looked up to see a familiar sight.

"Is that what I think it is?" Shulk asked in awe as he put the communication device away.

Before them was a giant, blue, technologically advance castle. To Noah, this castle held a lot of memories to him. Both good and bad. As for Shulk, his eyes were lighting up in awe.

"No way! She actually incorporated Mechonise technology to the castle! She read my blueprints!" Shulk exclaimed as he ran ahead, leaving Rex, Mythra, and Noah behind.

Rex was confused as Noah was surprised. Mythra glanced around to make sure nothing was out of the ordinary before walking forward.

"Come on, we shouldn't let him go off on his own like this" Mythra advised them as she glanced to her driver.

"R-right! Coming! Let's go, Noah!" Rex said as he and Noah walked after the blade.

They entered the giant hall, filled with many Homs, High Entia, Nopons, and Mechonis going about their days and managing the machines. Shulk was running around, as if it were his birthday. He was examining everything piece of technology and weapon he could.

"I can't believe this! She even read my prints on the weapons too!" Shulk exclaimed in a giddy manner.

Noah blinked, holding a dumbfound expression before asking, "Wait... You designed all of this?!"

Shulk jumped and rubbed the back of his head. He turned around, trying to hide his embarrassed blush. Not from the suggestion of creating these weapons. He was completely forgetting about his companions in the moment.

"Oh, well, yeah?" Shulk answered nervously with a grin, "I actually started drawing up ideas and plans for this. Of course, I am not finished with it. I am just surprised Melia took my ideas and turned it into a reality"

He turned around to face the giant mech and grinned. His grin did falter a little before holding a sad expression.

"But as far as I can see, she only created the weapons" Shulk answered dismay and concerned, "Why didn't she create any other inventions of mine? I hope she wasn't solely focused on the fight itself"