Chapter 15

Kai held up the phone and spoke, "How can this one phone have signal?".

"How would I know man?", Thiago said before walking in, "There's this thing you can do, it'll give you signal wherever and whenever".

"I've never heard of it", I spoke glancing at Kai and he shook his head.

"Neither have I?".

Thiago shurgged before Kai spoke again.

"Why's this room so clean? None of the others are".

"Yeah I was just about to tell you guys", Thiago replied, "I found this place today morning and I cleaned it up so we can have a good place to decide on things".

"Oh", I said, "You came here today morning? Not last night?".

"Nope".

.
.
.
.

We were packing everything up to go to Thiago's friend's place and when we were finally done, we grabbed our rifles and walked out.

"How long will it take?", I asked Thiago after fifteen minutes.

"Another half and hour at the most", he replied not taking his eyes off his path.

Suddenly he sighed and he stopped turning around to face us all, "I have something to say", he confessed.

"What?", Kai asked holding his rifle tighter.

But Thiago was interrupted when a guy ran out of an street right in front of us. Seeing us he suddenly ran towards us.

"Please you'll have guns, kill them!", he pleaded grabbing onto my jacket.

Another guy came running up behind him and grabbed his arm and looked at us with fear in his eyes.

They looked our age but they had blood caked face and dirt all over themselves.

"Kill?", I asked, "Zombies?".

Before he could answer a bunch of zombies came stumbling in our direction. They noticed us and growled and ran towards.

Grabbing our rifles we shot them as fast as we could, but hearing the noise  more kept coming.

A zombie that was about five feet away lunged at me and when I was gonna shoot it I realized I was out of amo.

I hurriedly searched my pockets as I backed away. But no luck. Everyone else was dealing with the same problem now.

Finally realizing the situation I grabbed my gun and slammed it against the zombie's chest. It staggered back but lunged again.

This time I pulled out my knife and stuck it into it's neck. Blood spurted all over my hands as I pulled put the knife.

I turned away as it collapsed at my feet and turned around to see more zombies. Gun still my hand I ran towards Kai.

"Let's get out of here!", I yelled stabbing another zombie near Kai as he kicked at another.

The new guy we just met pointed at a nearby café and I nodded. I started running towards it with the others but zombie jumped up from behind me tackling me to the ground.

I turned my body around to face it and pressed my gun against it's throat trying my best to keep it from biting me. Blood dripped from it's mouth and they fell on to my face.

Kai rushed up to me and grabbed the zombie's shirt and pulled it away from me. I stood up stumbling over rocks on the ground and picked up my knife. Selena, Helen, and the two guys got to safety.

I turned around to run away and Kai followed me but we barley got a few feet away before more zombies appeared. I held a zombie at arms length my it's shirt as I pushed it away I heard a scream.

I turned towards the source of the sound and I saw Amanda. A zombie was tearing at her flesh. A huge chunk of flesh was pulled right off her arm and she fell to the ground.

The scene looked horrifying. Blood flowed from her arm as her eyes turned red and she started shaking.

"Oh no", Katie stared in her direction, "Please no".

Steven grabbed Katie's arm and pulled her away with her she screamed for Amanda.

Kai immediately appeared at my side grabbing my hand and running.

"We can't leave her like that!", I yelled fighting off his grip but it was impossible.

"We can't do anything about her now" Kai looked at me and I could see the worry in his eyes.

I turned around one last time but that was the worst mistake I ever made. Amanda or a zombie version of her was right behind me.

She jumped on me and I fell to the ground. I managed to turn us around so I was on top her while not getting bit.

She snapped at my hands that were holding her down by her shoulders. She roared so loud and I felt scared.

"Let her go!", Kai yelled pulling me up by the sleeve of my jacket.

"I can't!", I yelled, "If I do she'll bite me".

Kai sighed and without looking at me or anyone else he stuck the knife into her chest.

Blood poured from her mouth before her she stopped moving around and went limp. Katie, Steven and Elias stopped battling off the zombies and turned in our direction.

I stood up and I staggered back. No way. This didn't happen. We didn't just kill one of my bestfriends.

Katie abandoned the zombie she was fighting and ran towards Amanda. Ahe dropped to her knees in front of her, tearing streaming down her face.

Elias followed her and he took fell on to his knees in front of her. He wasn't crying but I could see the hurt in his eyes as he gazed down and her body.