13 It's a trap

Checking up on Lisa was a no brainer for Jennie. She had Haein pull her tracking data and text it to her and when Rosie was satisfied with how much they've eaten so she let them go. 

And off they were. 

With each a coffee to go in hand from the corner store from Lisa and Nancy's location purely for an alibi, they casually strolled around the neighbourhood. 

Parked on the sidewalk in front of an impressively big residential house, Jisoo spotted Nancy's car. Jennie was on her phone, following Lisa's GPS location tag.

"That's her car." Jisoo alerted her friend. 

Jennie looked up and towards the town house. "Must be the Park's residence."

"What are they doing here? I thought they checked it out again yesterday?" Jisoo wondered while keeping up with Jennie's suddenly faster pace. But she soon knew why. 

Jennie had spotted the back of Lisa's head in the car while Nancy was nowhere to be seen. That was the perfect timing to talk to her CI alone.

The agent knocked on the car window as soon as she was next to it. Lisa looked very surprised to see her and opened the door immediately with one of those Lisa smiles that could literally light up a room. 

"Hey Jen, didn't expect to see you here. Hey Chu." She greeted them after Jisoo had caught up with Jennie too. 

"Hey Monkey." Jisoo greeted back with a fond smile.

"Hey Lis." Jennie smiled at her uneasily. "We uh... had a case in the neighbourhood... and thought we'd drop by."

"Uh huh..." Lisa grinned up at her and got out of the car to stretch her legs. Jennie could tell that Lisa had sniffed out her lie in a second flat. "I'm flattered Jen. You can't handle being apart from me."

"Haha. No. I just..." Jennie rolled her eyes, trying hard not to blush and took a sip from her coffee. It was disgusting. Worst coffee since bureau coffee. The agent pulled a face after drinking and Jisoo snickered while watching her. 

"How are you doing... with her?" Jennie asked Lisa straight out instead of coming up with another lie. She didn't actually want to lie to Lisa. What was the point? They were friends and friends were allowed to be worried about each other. So what!?

Lisa snorted and gestured towards the car. "As you can see, she has me babysitting the car... again... so, it's going great..."

"She's a real witch, isn't she?" Jisoo cut in with an empathic look in her eyes. 

Lisa didn't confirm that statement but she told them "She called me a tool in her belt..."

"I bet you really start missing working with us now, aren't you?" Jisoo cackled at that.

Lisa flashed them a smile and her eyes landed on Jennie's. "Yeah, I guess you guys aren't so bad after all... who thought there was an agent who acted more like an agent than Jen?" She teased.

"Haha, funny." Jennie rolled her eyes at Lisa but she felt a lot better now that they were checking up on her. She leaned a little closer to her CI. "But seriously, don't you find it weird how hard she went after Wang with so little evidence? And how in the world did she find out that you know the guy? We didn't even know that! I feel like something's not right here Lis."

Lisa nodded slowly, looking from Jennie to Jisoo. "Exactly what I thought but hey... I guess we're gonna find out." 

"What's she doing inside so long? Is she smoking pott in their bathroom?" Jisoo joked with a look at the huge house.