~12~ Sara and Remus

Start from the beginning

"How are you today?" he asked, his face falling at my lack of conversation.

I stared for a few seconds, my tongue feeling tied together, before doing what I needed to do. I turned around and literally ran away. I ran as fast as I could back to the Common Room and collapsed on a sofa, face first in a pillow, my face a burning red.

"What's up with you?" asked Shay.

"I'm just stressed, now leave me alone." I mumbled.

"She's been strange ever since Potions a few days ago." said Ollie.

"Shut up."

The next afternoon, we had DADA. As usual, I sat in the back and didn't raise my hand at all. At the end of class, Lupin called me to the front. 

"Miss. Finnigan." he said, once everyone had left. "What is going on with you?"

"Nothing professor." I said, avoiding eye contact.

"Look at me."

I focused my eyes on his nose.

"Look me in the eyes Miss Finnigan."

I looked at the desk instead.

"What has gotten into you?" he asked. "Why are you ignoring me?"

"I'm not."

"You ran away from me yesterday."

I scratched my cheek. "I had to use the bathroom."

Lupin sighed. "Miss. Finnigan, please. Was it something I have done? Or perhaps said? Did you not like one of my class topics?"

"No it's none of that."

"Then what is it?"

"It's really nothing." I said, playing with my moon necklace.

"Miss. Finnigan, are you alright?"

"Yes."

"Sara."

I my eyes snapped up and looked into his warm brown ones. He leaned closer to me, our faces closer together. "Please, what have I done?"

I felt my heart hammer in my chest as I looked him in his beautiful eyes. 

"This is why I'm ignoring you!" I cried, backing away.. 

"What?"

"I shouldn't be feeling the way I feel about you!" I blurted, before gasping and smacking my hand on my mouth.

He blinked, leaning back in his chair trying to process what I said.

"How do you feel about me?" he asked, looking confused. "You hate me don't you."

"What? No! I could never hate you! It's the opposite of hate. The total opposite-"

He stared at me for a few moments before he looked down at his hands. "Do you know who gave you that necklace?"

I touched it again. "No."

"I did." he stood up, walking around his desk and now standing over me. 

"You- you did?" I stammered. 

He nodded. "I shouldn't have. I really shouldn't have, but I had seen it in Hogsmeade and my mind went to you. I thought it brought out your eyes."

I rubbed a hand over my face. "Prof- Remus." I said his first name out loud for the first time ever. "You're my professor! I'm your student! I- I don't know! I'm confused! I'm so confused Remus!" 

He leaned against his desk. "I am too Sara. I've been in denial for a while."

"Me too." I said, looking at my shoes.  

I felt his soft fingers touch my chin, and tilt my head up. He leaned closer to me, our noses only inches apart, before he froze, looking into my eyes. 

"Remus." I whispered, before closing the space between us.  He tasted of tea and chocolate. We pulled apart at the sound of someone knocking on the door. 

We stepped as far apart as we could, and Remus yelled "Come in!"

The door opened and Hermione walked in. "Professor I had a question about-"

She trailed off as she noticed me, and looked at our pink faces.  "I can come back later..."

"No!" I grabbed my bag. "No, it's alright. I asked my question already. "Thank you for helping me with my essay Professor." I said, my voice sounding very high. 

"Anytime Miss. Finnigan." he said, avoiding eye contact. 

Hermione gave me a suspicious look as I walked past her. 

I leaned against the wall when I got outside and put a hand over my heart, trying to calm myself down. This man was going to be the death of me.