~11~ The Quidditch Cup

Start from the beginning

"Wow Hermione!" I said in awe. "I didn't know you had it in you!"

"I guess I learned from you." she said and I grinned proudly.

"We're due in Charms," said Ron, still goggling at Hermione. "We'd better go."

They waved to me before hurrying off to their class.

The Easter Holidays came quick, but it was no holiday at all. I was cramming all my work and was near tears as I tried to finish my essays, practice spells, and write essays.

"Call this a holiday!" Seamus roared at the common room one afternoon. "The exams are ages away, what're they playing at?" 

"Just wait until your in N. E. W. T!" I yelled back, tears falling down my face as I wiped with angrily. "You're gonna wish you never got that Hogwarts letter!"

"Come now, let me help you." Percy calmed me down, as people in the Common Room stared at me.

And it didn't help that Ollie now had quidditch practices every single day, and our match with Slytherin was right after Easter Holidays. The tension between the two houses were high. Almost everyday, people from each house were going to the Hospital Wing, with warts all over, or growing wings.

The night before the match, I was studying in the library, I fell asleep. Ollie had left to fly around the pitch and Percy was off doing headboy duties with Penelope. I felt someone shake me awake. I looked up to see Lupin standing over me. 

"It's past curfew," he whispered. 

I looked around to see that I was all alone in the library. 

"Madam Pince didn't wake me up." I said, rubbing my eyes.

"That's because I'm the one doing rounds tonight." he replied. "I'll walk you back to the Common Room, come on." he took my bag as I stumbled up, still tired. We walked through the dark empty halls. 

"How do you feel about tomorrow?" he asked. 

"I'm really nervous." I admitted. "So nervous I fear I might throw up. Sorry that was too much information."

Lupin just chuckled. "It's normal to feel like that. I mean, it's the last match. And, between us, I really want Gryffindor to win."

We reached the Common Room, and he handed me my bag back. "Make me proud tomorrow!" He called, walking away. I blushed a little at that comment.

After saying the password, I was let into the Common Room. 

The Common Room was madness. Fred and George were being louder than usual, Ollie was in a corner crouched over a model of a Quidditch field in the corner, prodding little figures across it with his wand and muttering to himself. Angelina and Alicia were also being loud, by laughing at the twins jokes, and Harry was sitting staring at nothing. 

I decided that the twins and chasers were too loud for my liking, Ollie looked like he should be put in a mental asylum, and Harry probably wouldn't talk, and Percy was nowhere to be found. I went to sit next to Seamus and Dean.

"How do you feel?" asked Shay.

I curled up up next to him and put my head on his shoulder, as he put his arm around me.

"I'm really terrified." I said softly.

Dean sat on my other side, leaning against me. "Oh don't worry Sara."

"Yeah, you'll do great!" Shay said, patting my back. 

The next morning at breakfast, Ollie tried to make everyone eat, but he ate nothing himself.