Here's my number (Chapter 3)

Začít od začátku

David smirked, "That's what she said."

I rolled my eyes at him. Fine, if this is how they wanted to play, we'd play. I took my binder, brought it into the air, and slammed it down hard onto David's arm, below his elbow but just before his wrist.

He cursed out loud and I walked through the doorway, pleased with my success. I'd probably pay for that later, but who cared? Revenge was sweet. I heard Mrs. Johnson order, "Detention. After school you will go to the library." She was a stickler for the no-cussing rule within a five mile radius of her room. David groaned, causing me to smirk in response. Served him right.

Mr. Hot Stuff paused to glance at me, tilting his head as if he was seeing me for the first time.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer Hot Stuff," My voice seeped with a tiny amount of pride. I was still on cloud nine from my moment of glory when I told David off.

Then I actually realized what I'd said. I'd just called senior year's new player hot stuff. I could feel my cheeks color and hoped he didn't realize what I'd said or took it the wrong way. He already knew he was good looking and my comment would only inflate his ego.

I was putting my books away into my locker when some tall sophomores bumped into me. I dropped my papers on the ground and groaned, praying no one stepped on them. A voice called out, "Sorry!''

I muttered under my breath. "If they were REALLY sorry, they would have stayed and helped me pick this crap back up." All of the useless junk Mrs. Johnson had handed us, rubrics, rules, handouts, etc. that I had tucked into the pocket of my binder had fallen out and now littered the floor.

Now I was definitely going to be late.

"Not so cocky now, are we? Oh, and its nice to know that you think I'm hot. Just another person to add to my list."

I frowned and looked up at the handsome face. "What's your problem? Leave me alone."

I shook my head and waited for Hot Stuff's retort and then I realized he'd actually listened to me and left. Seriously, the one time I needed help and told someone to go away, they actually listened to me. Life was so screwed up sometimes.

~~~

I ended up making it to class on time, but guess what? I was one for rotten luck. Apparently, my disasterous morning in the classroom/hallway led to me having to take the last seat left in the room. It was in the middle row, all the way on the left side of the biology room. The tall lab stools were in pairs of two at each table. Guess who was sitting next to the only seat left? If you guessed Mr. Hot Stuff, you were wrong! Just kidding, of course it was Mr. Hot Stuff. Even if I was the luckiest leprechaun on Earth, I'd never have so much luck as to get rid of him. Who knew a single morning could be so disasterous? I grumbled under my breath and stalked over to the black lab table and sat down, half wondering how on earth it was possible for him not to have a lab partner. Surely somebody else wanted to sit next to him.

I could feel Mr. Hot Stuff's intense gaze on me as I pulled out my chemistry notebook. I let my honey blonde hair fall freely around my face and shielded his gorgeous bright blue eyes away from me. With my wall in place, I proceeded to peer at him from the corner of my eye.

He waggled his eyebrows suggestively at me. My baby blue eyes widened as I blushed and I looked away. He saw me! I pretended I hadn't noticed and began to doodle aimlessly across the margins in my notebook.

"Hey, watcha drawing?"

My eyebrows scrunched up in confusion and I turned to face the boy sitting next to me. "Excuse me?" I asked. Was he talking to me?