CHAPTER 8 💚 Luz Creates Light

Start from the beginning

A hand grabbed him pulling him into a seperate room as another forced the door shut behind them, King froze in the grip of the person as the footsteps of the creature echoed down the hall. He glanced up confused when he saw Luz, the very human he had been looking for that entire time. She had that weird staff she made leaning against the wall as well as a weird stone tablet he didn't remember her having placed on a shelf.

"Luz?" He muttered

"King!" She cheered holding him up infront of her, she set him down and grabbed the staff from the wall "Oh, I'm so glad your safe!"

"Where did you go!?" King asked

"Well I was checking on Eda and she was gone, then you were gone! Oh, and I also tripped and lost my shoe but it looks like you found it" She explained grabbing her shoe from King and putting it back on

"He-hey! What's that?" He asked noticing a piece of paper attached to her leg which he pulled off after noticing there was text on it and read aloud "keeps the curse at bay..." he gasped and pulled out the other paper that was on the potion jar "an elixir a day keeps the curse at bay!"

"Curse... wait- what are you trying to say?" Luz asked, she seemed to linger on the word curse

"I was wrong this entire time! That creature is no snaggleback! That creature is-" Lyz grabbed King cutting him off and forcing them both away from the door as a clawed hand burst through the wood lunging through the hole that was created to reveal

"EDA!?" Luz shrieked

"Wait... if that's eda then who was that shadow...?" King muttered under his breath remembering the shadow but having no time to think as beast-Eda ran at them lifting a claw as she got on her hind legs. Luz screamed her phone falling to the ground and taking a picture, beast-eda looked down confused but shrieked and ducked down scratching at her eyes when the flash went off. Luz took the opportunity to grab King and the two ran out a window as beast-eda shrieked.

💚

"I knew I felt curse magic here..." The Conserver muttered as he crept across the ceiling keeping an eye on the cursed eda.

She looked like an Owl Beast from before he and the Collector were trapped and Titans still roamed the Boiling Isles but he knew that wasn't an owl beast. He could see the state of her soul and that soul was nothing like the one of an owl beast, the thing he saw was a replica not the real thing and a poorly made one at that. It was a lot smaller and bulkier then a owl beast was ment to be and all the feathers were a shade so pale it should have been impossible to achieve even in old age. It was just ugly, not accurate.

The fake owl beast sniffed the air just missing Luz and the Titan, it growled and prowled around to get to another spot in its search.

"Oh my god, did you see her eyes!? They were like" Luz pulled at the skim around her eyes with her hands and made a growl sound "What happened to her?"

"You took her cure that's what" The Conserver muttered no-one hearing him as the Titan said pretty much the same thing in a different way "Seriously, do you not trust me or something? We literally formed a contract that stops me from lying to you about this type of stuff"

"Don't you see!? That elixir I gave you doesn't give Eda powers! It's prevents her from turning into that thing! She's turned into a nightmare and it's all my fault. I'm so sorry Luz..." The Titan apologised arms wrapped around his legs "I just wanted you to be into demons like your into magic. I don't have many friends and nobody even pays attention to me. I thought maybe if I taught you there'd be someone intrested in creatures like me"