CHAPTER 2 💚 The Archivists Mission

It was hard to keep track of time here especially when you took the fact they were living on rock in space which was kept in the same space by the magic of the lead collector into consideration. You couldn't just look up at the sun since it was always in the same spot and there was no moon to rely on to tell the time either which only made the task of keeping track of the flow of time harder for the Conserver. Long story short, he had no idea how long he'd been here but his guess was somewhere around four to five days by now based off what the Observer and the few people who came over talked about.

He usually passed time by messing around with his new magic outside or exploring the castle to learn all about the different organisms that thrived throughout this world's galaxy. While it was okay for a long time to just rinse and repeat this cycle recently there had been a few... complications let's say. The real reason behind why his magic was so strong back when he was the god of destruction never really occured to him before now or why people had to eat and sleep to replenish magic. But now? He understood very well.

It turns out that what made his magic so strong in the past wasn't the abilities it granted him but rather the effects and drawbacks it had, when he was Error his magic only really had the limits on what he could or couldn't use it for and could have effects on his body if he pushed too much but that was rare. But now? He had limits on how much he could use at a time, as Error his magic replenished naturally at an abnormally rate but now that didn't happen. He actually needs to sleep and eat after he uses magic since it drains his body so much to the point he almost fell down the stairs once. Luckily, he caught himself before he actually fell forwards though.

With that discovery he now had his schedule changed a bit, he went out to practise magic for an hour then would come back to look around the Collection room to either play with the Collector if he was in there or to learn more about this new world then would go to sleep for a while before getting up and repeating.

Speaking of the collector, it's probably time to speak about him now. He liked seeing the Collector, they were a child who didn't care about their job or role as a collector and just wanted to have fun and play games which wasn't something many people wanted to do as well. When the Conserver first put forward the idea of playing a game first it shocked the Collector who never actually met someone who wanted to play with him and those who did only did it since an Archivist told them to.

Long story short, the Conserver adored the Collector and would protect him with his life if he had to. They were just such an amazing kid and if anything was to happen to him the Conserver would kill everyone then himself. The two usually played random games around the Collection Room such as hide and seek, tag, monopoly, checkers, uno (or at least tried to, the Collector never understood the rules), Jenga or even a game the two made up where they'd just compete in different random activities to see who could do them best.

At first the Conserver let the Collector win but as he got a hang of the newer games the Conserver had introduced him to they started to get into more complex versions and soon enough the Collector was winning a lot. It would be a lie to say he didn't enjoy seeing the starry child every day. Right now was one of these times, a time where the two were playing a slightly different version of hide and seek in the Collection Room with the Conserver being the one hiding currently.

The Conserver was hiding in a closet beside a set of bright green and yellow marbles holding the spirits and memories of the giant dead insect bodies that hung above the display. His scarf wrapped around his body as he used the ability to change the colour and composition of his scarf at will to help him block out any shadows. He heard the familiar sound of a magicaly formed shooting star coming closer followed by a thud accompanied by footsteps which ran around quickly with several bangs as the owner of them ran around looking for the Conserver. Wow, this felt a lot like a scene from a cliché horror movie. Suddenly, the doors to the closet swung open and the Conserver lifted his hands to his face and blocking his eyes as light filled the small space