Thank you 🌼 (male)

This was requested by @shaquillemeeeal

I hope it's to your liking, but a tiny-tiny reminder!

Requests are closed until August, so this the absolute last request until then! And most likely this is the last oneshot till then as well.

.   .   .

Shinobu woke up with a smile. She sat up, ready to ask you where you were taking her for the date. But when she woke up instead she turned over and saw the other half of the bed empty.

Feeling her arm hairs stand, she realized how cold she actually felt. Running a hand through her obsidian hair, she hummed and looked at the bedroom door, and like she thought it was open.

Shinobu slipped the blanket off her body, a wave of cold air brushing against her exposed arms and legs. She shrugged the brisk feeling off and walked towards the door, not bothering to brush her notty hair. Her hair touched her shoulders barely, using her hand she slowly pushed the door to open wider.

Her purple eyes immediately went to the desk, a bright light almost watering her eyes. But instead of squinting from the bright light, she squinted in confusion.

There sitting in the chair at that desk was you.

Shinobu looked out the window, it was about to be 6 in the morning by the dark yet lightness of the blue sky.

Why are you up so early? It's your day off, you should've been in bed.

Squinting her eyes she looked closer at what exactly had you up so early.

A work assignment.

Shinobu crossed her arms, folding them over her chest. "Y/n, why are you up? It's your day off, rest." She spoke softly. Shinobu walked over to you, placing her hands on your shoulders and kissing the shell of you ear.

Then she moved her soft lips to you cheek and looked at you for reaction. You merely hummed, typing away on the keyboard and staring at the screen with focus.

'Not even a glance.' Shinobu huffed in her mind. "Y/n, please?" She asked, squeezing your shoulders gently. "I'm I'm, but it turns out I need to finish this..it was a last minute thing.." Shinobu furrowed her brows, her purple eyes glaring at the screen.

"That's not your fault, you need to rest." You shut your eyes, shaking your head. Shinobu released your shoulders as you began to type again, the clicking and clacking of the keys were tantalizing to her.

Shinobu sighed, "Im sorry, I'll let you work now. When your done we can.." the rest was unheard to you, you nodded silently, examine the screen and editing some parts of the document.

Shinobu huffed, unnoticed to you and went to the kitchen. A smile present on her lips as she arrived and looked at the home phone sitting on a small coffee table.

"I'll definitely need you later." She said, lowering her head towards it a bit before going into her pantry.

.  .  .

"She's been in there a while," You sighed, continuing to type and fix things. "When is this due again..?" You whispered, asking youself. Clicking out of the tab you went to info on the email sent by your boss.

You groaned, putting your elbows on the desk and resting your face in your hands.

You swallowed, your Adam's apple bobbing. This document is due in 1 hour.

"Better work faster then." You grumbled, clicking back onto the document. "..dont care!" You heard the faint voice of your wife, but payed no mind as you focused on you document once more.

.  .  .

"I don't care! My husband needs rest and you'll allow him that." Shinobu hissed into the phone, chopping up some lettuce.

"Did I ask if you have any other workers? No, so find someone else to work on it." The worker on the other side of the phone groaned in annoyance. Shinobu's cocked up a eyebrow, "If you insist on being so rude then I don't have a problem calling your boss-"

"N-Not necessary mam'!" The worker stuttered into the phone. "Good, then if I don't hear my husband telling me that his assignment was suddenly re-assigned, Mr. Tomioka will get a personal call from me! Goodbye!" Shinobu spoke sweetly.

She put the knife down and hung up the phone, then putting it on the marble counter.

Turning her attnetion back to the sliced lettuce, she scooped it into her hands and poured it into the bowl. Reaching over to a tomato she put it on the cutting board.

By time that worker from the phone could get someone else to do the assignment and finish it for you, the lunch would be ready.

.  .  .

"You've got to be fuckin-" the worker chuckled, "Murata you-" Murata laughed nervously, you could hear it through the phone.

"Sudden change of plans, I'm doing it for you! Now hurry up and go tell your wife, bye!" Murata hung up the phone, you looked at your phone puzzled. All that work and it ended up just being re-assigned.

You sighed, standing from the chair and walking towards the kitchen. Where Shinobu has been since 7:00 this morning.

Now it's 12:30 in the afternoon.

Walking into the kitchen, you paused. On your round table sat many treats.

Panda head shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, different kinds of sushi, a salad in a golden yellow bowl. You looked more, seeing small cakes and macaroons as well. There were even pieces of meat with toothpicks sticking out from them.

"Do you like it?"

You heard from behind you. Turning around you saw Shinobu. Her dark hair was down, barely brushing her shoulders, her bangs framed her face perfectly. The purple ends of her hair resembled the purple of her eyes. Her cute yellow dress went down to above her knees and on her feet were cute yellow flats.

"I started preparing the food at different times, so don't worry about anything being soggy or-" Interrupting her, you wrapped your arms around her and pulled her into a tight hug.

"This is perfect, thank you." Shinobu smiled and pat your back. You pulled back from the hug and smiled back, though it wasn't so happy, Shinobu could see disappointment in it.

"I'm completely forgot I was supposed to take you out today, that assignment caught me off guard and re-focused my mind, I'm sorry." You apologized, Shinobu smiled back as always, more meaningful.

"I understand, I'm not upset at all. I get that your job requires you to work even on your days off sometimes, mine does the same." Feeling thankful she understood you hugged her again. While hugging her the cakes and macaroon caught you attention.

Shinobu noticed where you gazed was settled and laughed. "Come now, let's eat together!"

Sorry if it seems rushed, it is...I hope that it was acceptable 😭