Things would've gotten out of hand if Pop hadn't walked past my door, speaking quietly to someone on the phone, reminding us we weren't alone in the house, and the walls were thin. Nick looked up and laughed lightly, waiting until we couldn't hear my father anymore.

"You need to stop being so hot," he muttered, looking back at me. "You'll get me in trouble."

"Funny," I said, pecking his lips, "I was just thinking the same."

His smile grew wider and softer as he stared at me. Man, that was such a good look on him...

"I guess we should get up. I don't trust myself with you right now," he said, pecked my lips, and pushed himself off me.

"Is that so...?" I purred with a smirk.

"No, do not try anything funny," he said sternly, got out of bed and stomped his way to the bathroom.

I chuckled lightly and got out of the bed as well. I glanced at the dress and remembered to be nervous again. I let out a small sigh and walked to it. I really loved it... I just had to survive the party.

And Jessica's mom.

*****

"Hi! Come on in!" Jessica greeted us with a bright smile later that day after we'd arrived at her home. She stepped away from the front door to let us in. "Don't worry, I already taught mom that some dudes like wearing dresses too, so she shouldn't be weird about it."

"Great," I mumbled, following Nick as he entered her home.

"Mom's showroom is this way," Jess said, and gestured for us to follow her.

It was a really big fucking house. Not anywhere near as big as Nick's mansion that probably had its own postal code, but still big as fuck. Like the place needed a map. By the end of the long journey through their house, past the kitchen, living room, the second living room, and a long hallway which smelled like a spa, the outer wall completely made of glass to show off the mad-sized garden, we reached a massive door, and Jessica knocked on it.

"Come on in!" chirped an older female, who sounded just like Jess, and we stepped in.

It was another fucking shop, I swear to god. There were dresses everywhere. The room itself was big, spacious, and so white it hurt my eyes. The ceiling was way higher than my life-expectancy. I was not jealous of the person who needed to clean the large windows.

Jessica's mom also had a massive red hair, and she honestly didn't look much older than her daughter, which kind of freaked me out. Botox, I assumed. But surprisingly, she was wearing gray sweatpants and a baggy T-shirt. I'd expected Louis Vuitton or something.

"Nicholas! It's so good to see you," she said with a wide smile when she walked to us to give Nic a hug. "Have you grown taller again?"

Nic smirked. "People keep telling me that..." he muttered.

"You look taller," the woman said, then turned to face me. Her smile immediately turned frozen, and the look in her eyes slightly timid.

"Mom, this is Jax," Jess introduced us.

"Annamarie," she said in a tense manner when she shook hands with me. "So you... My daughter told me you have a dress that needs fitting?"

"Yes, ma'am," I said, feeling so goddamn grateful that Nick stood right next to me.

She nodded a few times, clearly not knowing how to feel about it. The silence was allowed to continue for a bit too long between us.

"I, uh... I do admit I've never fitted a dress for a boy before," she said.