Chapter 78 - Coming to an agreement

AMELIA...
The constant banging on my door woke me up from my miserable long sleep. I glanced over at my bedside clock; it was already midday. My head hurt from sleeping so long. I made sluggish movements to the door and twisted the knob, unlocking the door. Annie sprang at me, hugging me, I didn't understand her sudden behavior. I just stood there while she squeezed me into her arms.

She eventually let go of me, staring at me.
"I..thought something bad had happened to you. You slept halfway into the day and you weren't picking up my calls, you didn't open your door... I'm just glad you're okay" She sighed and hugged me again. I was emotionless, it was as though all my emotions had been sucked out dry.

"As you can see, I'm still alive. I'm going back to bed" I said making a turn but she held me.
"Get changed. I made breakfast and I'm almost done with lunch"
"I'm not hungry"
"Can you stop? Aren't you being selfish?" she yelled.
"Selfish?" I scoffed. What was she even talking about? What on earth could I be selfish about?

"Yes. Don't you care about me? Because you obviously, don't care about yourself anymore. If you don't care about you, I care about you and it hurts me to see you like this. So yeah you're being selfish by doing whatever the heck you want."

I stared at her stunned. Maybe I was being selfish, unintentionally.
"I'm sorry. It's just I'm losing my mind, Annie, nothing ever seems to go right and it's killing me" I sighed, taking a sit on my bed before Annie joined me.

"I know I can't relate to how you feel, but I'm sure this too will pass. But, you have to stay healthy; you need to eat adequately"
"I'll get changed and come down for breakfast/lunch" was the only thing I could say to her.

I grabbed a towel and made my way to the bathroom. She was right, I needed to stop sulking and self-pitying myself. Nothing good ever came from that. After lunch I retired to my room again; not to sulk! I just needed space to think.

An hour had passed and I was about to grab myself a snack when I heard a knock at my door.
"Come in Annie. The door's unlocked" I said typing on my laptop. The door creaked open.

"Amelia," Annie said.
"Yes?" I turned to look at her but I was met by someone I never wanted to see.

"Annie, what is he doing here? Why'd you let him in?" I snapped seeing him standing by my door.

"Because you both have to work things out for Jasmine"
"Annie, can you just stop meddling already? That's why you called over Mason yesterday and now, him? Why are you doing this to me?" I sobbed. I had no strength to yell. I was crying angry tears and it was frustrating.

"I'm sorry but you have to face it all. Come to a resolution for Jasmine. All she wants from you is to let her get to know her dad who you hid from her all her life."
Even though I wanted to disagree I knew it made sense.

"And Mason? Why did you call him over yesterday? And I'm in no mood to talk to Andre."

"I called him over because I was worried about you, worried you'd do something stupid while I was away."

"It's so easy for you, right? But it's hard being in the same room with either one of them." I sniffed, trying to gain composure.

"I'm sorry but if you want Jasmine back you'd put all these behind you and talk things out. Don't get me wrong, I'm not asking you to forgive him. I'm only asking you to acknowledge him as your daughter's father."

He is my daughter's father and that was all he was ever gonna be. I might as well just do this for my daughter.
"Fine. Let's get this over with" I walked out of my room and into the patio. He sat across me.

"Why'd you hide your pregnancy from me? And why'd you want a divorce? We never talked about it." he bluntly asked. Some nerves he's got.
"Why? So you could hit me and make me have a miscarriage?" I scoffed.
"Reyna-
"Don't! Don't ever call me that name. It only reminds me of my horrible past, about the mother who named me and sold me off to you without any remorse whatsoever. To a man I loved and who I thought had the exact reciprocated feelings for me but what I didn't know was that he just wanted me under his control nothing about love. It seemed like love from the beginning; I mean who doesn't like a guy obsessing over them every, now and then? But I was so stupid and naive to think that. They say love makes you blind and makes you do crazy things. All of which I'm guilty of" I paused.

"Why'd I hide my pregnancy from you, you ask? The question I wanted you to ask me is-why did you stay by my side not why'd you leave and hide your pregnancy? You wanna know why I left? Fine. I left because your mistakes turned into a habit. I would've rather fix things with us than stay mad at you for all you did. And, I stayed because I was hoping you'd step up and be the man I deserve, the man I fell for. I guess you never thought I'd leave so you kept on hurting and disrespecting me and I had gotten tired of trying to fix us and trying to get you to love me. I hide my pregnancy for the sake of my baby and myself. I felt like a prisoner, Andre"

"Funny thing is; I didn't find out I was pregnant until the sixteenth week. And why?Because I was stressed and occupied with the thought of you, of us to notice any signs. Thoughts like; maybe he'll come around? , our marriage is falling apart, we're slowly losing touch, can I fix us? Or maybe he'll leave me. He stopped touching me, why?.
I pretended that everything was okay, but I wasn't. I couldn't bear it all anymore after finding out I was pregnant. I tried nursing my heart back to full health after it all but after five years with all hope that our paths would never cross again; fate struck or was it karma? I worked under you completely oblivious but I forgot my past once I was with Mason but you had to ruin that too."

"And you shamelessly demanded an explanation as to why I hid my pregnancy? Bravo Andre Davies, you never surprise me" I scoffed, tilting my face away from his view to stop the incoming tears.
"I don't want to remain an enemy of my daughter, so fine. She's allowed to see you but only on two conditions"

"Amelia-
"No, Andre. I'm the one doing the talking, all you have to do is listen and abide by my conditions."
"The first and most important condition is, you have to get therapy. The second is you only get to see Jasmine on the weekends. Oh, an additional condition; don't try to play mind games with me. The only bond between us is Jasmine. Am I clear?"
"Amelia-
"Am I clear, Andre?"
"Yeah, sure I could do that"
"Great. Now you may leave"
"Amelia. Can you just let me speak? I listened to you, right? Can't you just listen to what I have to say?" he pleaded but he wasn't in a position to make me listen to him.

"No. Please leave, it's not the weekend and I need proof that you booked therapy sessions"
I coldly spoke.
"I get it, I understand all the safety precautions you're taking for the sake of our daughter. But, I'm not a monster Amelia"
"Says every monster out there" I fired back at him.
"It was never my intention to hurt you but I did and I'm not proud of it. No amount of apology will cut it for me but I just wanted to say; I'm sorry for all the irreversible harm I've done to you, you didn't deserve it."
"I'm glad you know that your apology is worthless. Please leave while I'm being polite"
"Amelia-
"I'll leave instead," I said and walked straight into the house slamming the door shut.

"How did it go?" Annie said walking towards me.
"You want the truth or a white lie?" I sobbed.
"Hey"
"Well, I agreed to let him meet Jasmine during the weekends. So..."
"That's great for Jasmine and you because she won't be avoiding you anymore"
"Well, I don't feel great" I pulled her hands that rested on my shoulders away and walked into my room.

All those bottled-up words, I got to say to him today but yet I still feel as terrible as ever. When do things start falling back into place for me? Will it ever?