Chapter 37 - Family dinner

Reyna's POV
Sharing that kiss with Derek sure brought back a surge of emotions. I remembered how much I loved him in high school and It brought back feelings. But what I felt for Andre was far much stronger than what I felt for Derek.

The past couple of days I hadn't spoken or heard from Derek. It was good right?
Andre wasn't talking to me or listening to me either.

He was giving me the silent treatment. He left our room and moved into another room. He went to work without saying a word, he didn't have any food I made for him and he always pretended to be on the phone whenever I was near.

To say the least, it broke my heart. Couldn't he tell that I wasn't in on the kiss?

"I admire your temerity. You had to bring your boyfriend into my own house, to make out? " That was the last thing he had said to me after that day.

It was the weekend and he was home. I entered his room. And he was busy scrolling through his phone. The minute I tried to utter a word, he put on his AirPods.

Just then both our phones beeped. I checked mine.
1 unread message from Courtney
I clicked on the message and it read;

4:00 pm: Hey, Reyna... I'm so sorry this invitation is coming late. Taylor just had to forget. Mother and father complained that they haven't seen you both for quite a long while now. So we arranged a family dinner for tonight at 7:00 pm. Layla misses you too. Okay, I'll see you both.
Ciao...

I looked up at Andre and he seemed to have gotten the same message.
"You can't ignore me now. " I said as he took away his AirPods.
"Please Andre, I've been pleading my case to you but you won't even forgive me. Okay, fine. Tonight I'm not asking you to forgive me, I'm only asking that we act as if nothing happened. I don't want your family to find out that we had a fall out" I pleaded.

He walked towards me. "whatever" he simply said and walked into the closet. That was better than the usual silence I got right?
I could only hope dinner goes well.

I got ready but Andre wasn't in his room.
"Ma'am?" Willam the driver called out.
"Yes?"
" Sir is waiting impatiently in the car for you. He says he's running late."
"Oh okay. I'm done, let's go"

I took a sit beside Andre and the ride started. The ride to the family mansion was quiet.
I didn't dare utter a word to him.

***
"Reyna dear, I've missed you so much," mother said hugging me.
"I've missed you too mother"
"Aunt Rayner," little Layla said running into my arms.
"Hey little one, I missed you"
"Dinner is ready," one of the maids said.
We all sat in the dining.
I sat beside Andre, he didn't spare me a glance.

I'd barely touched my food.
"You should eat my dear. You look so skinny now, your collarbones are far much clearer" mother said staring at me with worry.
"Andre, you aren't even taking good care of your wife," She said glaring at him.
"No mother, it's not his fault. I always wait to have breakfast and dinner together that I sometimes skipped lunch" I said holding his hand underneath the table. He pulled his hand away.

"If you say so dear. But don't skip your meals anymore" She warned.
And I just shot her a reassuring smile.

Something about the food made me nauseous.
It was unlike me, I particularly liked the dish but the scent was nauseating. I took a bite and it was tasty.
But my body was rejecting it.

"Andre, I don't feel so good. Could we please go home now?" I whispered to him, holding his hand. He pulled his hand away and ignored me. It hurt like crazy.