The Daycare

"Hey Tom... I have a favour to ask of you. And Tord." Edd said, opening Tom's door. "Ugh, what is it?" Tom mumbled. He hadn't gotten much sleep, and was very tired. "Can you help out at the daycare today please? We don't have many staff today, and we need a little help. Is that okay?" "Mh, yeah sure... *yawn*" Tom rolled over in his bed, before putting on his jumper and shirt. "Thanks Tom I really appreciate this!" Edd yelled, as he jogged to Tord's room. 

At the daycare. . .

"Hello everyone! How are you all today." Edd said, in a voice that sounded way too innocent. Tom shuffled closely behind Tord, and held his arm. Tord knew that Tom had anxiety, and this amount of people was probably too much for him. "Tom. C'mere. It's okay. I'm here." Tord whispered, as he brought Tom's body closer to him. "Thanks commie. I guess..." Tom mumbled. "Today we have some people to help out, okay? Be nice to them." Edd giggled. Edd motioned for them to introduce themselves, and they did. "I'm Tord, and this is Tom." "Kan du Norsk?!" A child gasped. "Ja, det gjør deg!" Tord exclaimed. "Yay!" 

Two hours later. . .

"Do you have parents?" A small child asked. Tom's expression changed. "Oh... I don't, why?" The child ran to him a hugged him. "ME TOO!!" Tom looked sad. This poor kid... he's so young... Tom thought to himself. "Tom, Tord. We need to go home." "Yep!" They walked home, but the thought still lingered in Tom's mind. 

Later. . .

"I need to go to work now, bye." Tom said, wearing an awfully large jumper. "Bye!"