Am I Like You?

The three of them keep their word, plotting when Jisung is not around. They spend spare time between 3Racha events whispering, huddled together. Jisung chooses to mind his business, carrying out any tasks handed to him by their manager.

He hears a lot from Chan about how he should just give up the act but the idea of angering their team any further when things are already so bad for them makes him feel sick. In the wake of the boardroom showdown, their schedule has become a living hell, especially for Jisung.

They seem to be trying to keep him busy so he has less energy to fight back, and it really is working. Each day is hours of rehearsal or recording sessions, followed closely by appearance after appearance. Jisung has done more interviews and attended more parties in the past few weeks than he has in his entire career.

He's so exhausted that when his manager points out Chan across the room, suggesting Jisung goes and starts something, he does it without a second thought. He approaches Chan, shoving him harder than he'd intended.

Chan looks at him, completely unbothered. "What's up?"

"I don't... I don't know." Jisung wears the angry face that everyone around them expects, but he has no fight left in him. "She told me to start a fight but I don't... I don't have anything to be angry about," he says simply. Chan's face morphs into fake hurt to match Jisung's act. "You threw a drink at me once because my shirt was 'too expensive', there's nothing you're upset about here?"

"Your shoes are fucking stupid, but you love them." Jisung grabs Chan's collar, pulling him close to sneer in his face. "I can't find a single thing to even pretend to be mad about."

Chan pushes at Jisung in fake desperation until he finally lets go. "That's good, Ji. Do you get to go after this?"

"I don't think so," he says quietly, scowling as Chan takes a step back, scoffing at him for appearances. "I hope you get to leave soon, man. How many shots have you even had?"

"I stopped counting forty minutes ago."

"Fuck, dude." He flinches when Jisung gives him one last shove. "If you hit me hard enough, I bet they'd let me go," he jokes. Chan seems to consider it before he turns and stalks off, a sour look on his face.

Jisung watches him as he heads to security. He sees Chan point towards him and speak angrily to the man before the security guard starts to approach him.

Their manager and his bodyguard are quick to roll up behind him when they realize this is going to foil any plans they had tonight, but it's no use.

They spend well over twenty minutes arguing to keep Jisung at the party. While his manager's shrill voice carries through the party, Minho texts Jisung to let him know that he's waiting in his car outside. Jisung tells him he won't be long.

Ultimately security wins, forcefully removing the three of them from the party.

When Jisung quickly approaches Minho's car and slides in, the doors locking behind him, his manager starts screaming at him. He chooses not to listen, instead stealing a kiss from Minho over the centre console.

"How did you know I was getting kicked out?"

"Chan texted me. I thought you'd want a getaway car." Minho smiles lightly, glancing at him before looking back to the road.

"You always come through when I need you, Min."

"I hope I always will," he says quietly, placing a hand on Jisung's thigh. "You stink, baby. You smell like my parents' liquor cabinet."

"I did an unholy amount of tequila shots, don't ask."

"Tequila? And you're not crying?" Minho squeezes his thigh gently and Jisung is actually a little surprised. "Huh, I guess not."