Chapter 3: Hide or Intervene

ابدأ من البداية

I handed AJ over to him, but not before saying a threat , no doubt I would carry it out. AJ went into sniffles when he was greeted by this man. He rocked AJ in his garbed arms and slowly sung a song , I had never heard such a beautiful voice before. The only person he could rival is Verosika Mayday at this point.
After the song was sung AJ laughed , he laughed to his hearts content and gave the stranger's mask a quick pull causing him to flinch slightly , obviously out of pain as Aj went back to sleep again. It usually takes me over an hour to put AJ to sleep, and here was this man who had done it in 1 minute, which was shocking. He then carefully handed AJ back to me.

There was a short silence before I spoke up. I gave this stranger my name, and that's not like me , however my motherly instincts told me to trust this man with all my heart and I didn't know why. It...it felt right.

We had a small conversation , and this stranger introduced himself as Lee and just Lee , is he still distrustful of me. I had guessed he had no place to stay, seeing as he is a newcomer, and I was right. I couldn't leave him to fend for himself. I did something no one would normally do , I made him an offer to stay with me and AJ until he could get back up on his own two feet. He refused, but I kept insisting , hoping he would say yes, and he did.

He gave another bow out of respect. I put AJ back in the stroller and asked him to follow me. Lee seemed a bit uneasy with all the stares we were getting , but I was used to it at this point. We had a small talk while walking mostly about Lee's background and story. I could tell he was surprised under that mask when I mentioned that he is a doctor. Though I felt like an idiot when I brought up the topic about his dead grandfather. I quickly changed the topic in hopes of not bringing up more painful memories , I could relate, and I have painful memories of my own. Lee and I arrived at my house. It's not in the best condition, but hey, the bills are not very large, and I can still feed myself and AJ. We parted ways when we entered the house , and I gave Lee permission to explore a little more so he wouldn't get lost. I went to my room, which also counted as AJ's room and put him back into his cot. I simply just wanted to relax a bit more and unwind from today. That's when I heard it. A door being opened...scratch that , kicked open. It's the same thing that happens every week. They were here. I quickly ran to the the door and there they were , I thought I paid them yesterday.

Lee's POV

I heard Ruby running towards the front door in a hurry , no doubt trouble was brewing. I silently made my way downstairs , though the floorboards were not helping. I'm surprised no one heard that. I hid myself around the corner of the hallway, out of view from the living room. It was there I saw three figures along with Ruby and I noticed how she seemed very afraid.

I decided to eavesdrop on their conversation.

Lizard demon (L.D)

Top hat demon (T

Top hat demon (T.H)

H)