Chapter 12: The Newcomer

(Coinys pov)
I opened my eyes to see what looked like the morning already. Perhaps I had woken up a bit earlier than usual. The sky still looked dark, as I stretched I saw...gelatin right next to me. I fell off the couch as I freaked out, trying not to alarm him or wake him up.

I quickly got up and ran to the kitchen to calm down a bit. Not surprising I see firey in the kitchen already. "What time is it?" I ask him. He looked at his phone to see.

"It's 6:28," he responded. 6:28?!

"Geez...it's too early for this."

"Yeah I'm a bit surprised on how your awake, especially seeing you and gelatin. It seemed like you would've gotten stuck since he had his hand wrapped around pretty tight" firey let out some laughter. My face turned bright red.

"T-That's not funny!" I said, turning away to hide my embarrassment. It caused him to laugh a bit more, but that laughter only seemed to have faded. I'm not an expert with emotions, but I could definitely tell that something was up with firey. "Hey is everything alright?"

I thought out what he was gonna say before responding, "yeah I'm alright."

"Alright...just making sure...you haven't really been at your best ever since what happened" firey raised an eyebrow, giving me a questioning look.

"I'm sure no one is at their best after what happened" he looked away, he had a point, but he seems out of it.

"Hey did you get any sleep last night?"

"Not really, I slept on the floor."

"Firey...you've slept on the floor before just fine I— never mind. So, what are we gonna do about leafy?" He looked up back at me, I won't lie, I was a little nervous to ask that.

"I think...we should let her explore here, that is until we can figure out how to get her back home."

"Are you nuts!" If anything I thought leafy should stay, it's more dangerous for her to go out. "What if someone sees her!"

"A simple disguise can work coiny-"

"Firey we can't just put her in danger like that! I mean there is so much that can happen what will we even-"

"Coiny!!" I shut my mouth once firey shouted my name, rubbing my hands, becoming a bit nervous. "Listen, i get what you are trying to say" he began, "but we can't just keep leafy sheltered. It's the reason why she's in this mess to begin with, and I know from experience that hiding is not a way of living." I know he's right, but I don't want anything bad happening to any of us. Yet he had a stronger point than i did.

"Yeah, you have a point...can we just, be careful about this? What was the thing you said about a disguise?"

"We can get leafy a simple disguise for now and if we can find a way, or someone can help us with our situation we can figure out a way to help leafy."

"Yeah, okay, you have a point" I rubbed my nonexistent neck. We waited for everyone to wake up, I guess now I know how it feels when firey has to wait for us to wake up. From what I recall, match was the first to wake up.

"Hey you two" she said rubbing her eyes, we both waved at her. "Do you like, have anything to eat?"she asked.

"Ohhh, I guess gelatin and I forgot to, get groceries-" I said nervously. It's hard to buy groceries anyways if you don't have the money for it.

"Why don't we just stop by the bakery then" firey stated, "it saves the time to actually buy food and put it away for now, and I don't think any of us can pay for much anyways. Which reminds me that we might need to find some jobs." Firey handed me a letter.