Boden comes over to talk to the patient, "Do you know how dangerous it is to use a propane tank inside? You are a very lucky lady."

Another resident, a woman, comes over to yell at Boden, "Don't you yell at her! She was just doing what she could to keep from freezing to death. The problem is our cheapskate landlord. He won't fix the damn heat, so we're all doing whatever we can to stay alive in there."

Nicole watches as Boden has no idea how to respond.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Kelly and Nicole help Shay go over all the documents from Darryl's lawyer in the common room, "I thought I'd put the Darryl stuff behind me, which wasn't easy, but why would he leave everything to me?"

"Who knows?" Kelly shrugs.

"I don't want any of it. It just feels like blood money, somehow," Shay comments.

Herrmann rolls over to Kelly, asking, "What kind of blood money are we talking here?"

Kelly pushes his chair away, "Get out of here."

Finding a certificate of some sort, Nicole looks to Clarke, "Hey, Clarke, what does this insignia mean?"

Clarke looks over it, "Darryl Bell was a Navy man. Boatswain mate, third class."

"I gotta deal with this."

Cruz walks into the common room, "Hey, Mills. There's some guy in the tower looking for you."

As he walks out, Herrmann, Otis, Mouch and Cruz watch him carefully.

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Nicole stands with Shay outside of Darryl's apartment, "Do you want me to go in with you?"

Shay doesn't say anything, just grips Nicoles hand and drags her to the front door. 

The two walk in, noticing how nothing had changed since the last time they were in there. Nicole remembers the sound of the gun as she looks at the blood on the couch, lampshade and wall. 

Hearing a gasp, Nicole turns around to see that when Shay turned to leave, she came face-to-face with a man. 

"Sorry, if I scared you," He says, turning the light on, "I'm Jed. Darryl's brother. I-I-I'm guessing your the paramedic he left everything too?"

"Yeah, I'm Leslie Shay," She shakes his hand, "Hi. I feel terrible about this. I don't know why he left it to me. I-"

"My brother was going through a rough time. Obviously, the last six months, he was angry at the world because he was sick, angry at me because I didn't do enough to help. But I tried, I really did."

Nicole studies the man, not getting a good feeling, "Shay, we gotta get back to the house."

Shay nods, "Okay," Before turning back, "I"m so sorry. Look, I, uh, I don't want the money, so you can have it and, yeah."

Jed gives Nicole an even worse vibe with his reaction, "That...that means so much to me and my family. I can't even tell you. Thank you."

"She'll have to talk to lawyers and such first. Plus, she'd be doing it out of guilt and not because it's the right thing. We'll get back to you," Nicole starts escorting Shay out, whispering, "Do not give him a cent until he's been checked out. I have a bad feeling, Shay."

♣️♣️♣️♣️

Hearing a saw running, Nicole pokes her head in to see Otis and Kelly talking. She watches as Otis starts to walk away before turning back, "I want to ask your sister out, okay? I have nothing but the best of intentions. Do I have your permission?"

Burnin' Love (1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें