five.

Bad Dreams & Bad Luck

~~~~~

"and they tell you that you're lucky, but you're so confused

"and they tell you that you're lucky, but you're so confused."
~~~~~

The streets were bustling with people. The loud chatter and laughter filled the young girl's ears as she looked around with wide eyes trying to take it all in.

People were dressed in extravagant outfits, multi-colored beaded necklaces hanging from their necks, glitter was on some of their faces, and equally as colorful drinks were in their hands.

She gripped onto her father's hand tighter as the voices got louder and louder and the streets got fuller and fuller.

"Hey, Tater Tot," He had crouched down in front of her, not caring about all the people that were passing them by. He grabbed both her hands in her own, turned all her attention towards him. "You alright?"

Four-year old Tatum shook her head

"It's so loud."

"Yeah, it is, kid," He agreed with his daughter. "But it's everyone just enjoying their day, it's nothing to be scared of."

There was then a loud crashing noise coming from the other side of the street.

Tatum's head snapped in that direction, her eyes wide as she saw a man push another one onto the ground, which caused a group of trash cans to topple to the ground, causing a loud clattering noise. He had gotten back up and the two were now yelling at each other.

Then another punch landed.

"Tate. Hey, sweetheart."

She looked back to her dad again, even more terrified than she had before. He looked pained to see her so scared, so the next thing she knew, she was being hoisted into the air and her dad had placed her on his shoulders.

"Up you go micul meu lup." [my little wolf]

A giggle erupted from her lips as she now towered over everyone on the streets.

Everything that seemed so frightening now felt small and insignificant as her dad weaved his way through the crowd. Tatum watched the people once more as they passed by, no longer minding the loud noises.

Eventually, the father and daughter had made their way away from everyone. Only then did he finally place Tatum back on the ground.