My Soulmate is a Big Bad Wolf [5]

Chapter 5

Anger Management Issues for Werewolves

“Xander! You arrived just in time!” Ethan said excitedly. Xander’s face was held expressionless as he approached the table. They pulled the chair beside me and motioned for him to sit down. He stopped a few inches from me, and the familiar magnetic pull was activating again.

The four guys snickered at us as though we were the hottest young couple in Hollywood. Thalia was blushing and giggling, but Caleb…he was just smiling.

His smile showed something else…it’s like he was in pain.

Xander sat down and began eating silently. He didn’t even bother to greet or nod at anyone. All of us are silent as we watched him eat his food.

Okay, that is just so akward.

Xander continued acting like we weren’t there. He ignored us as we continued chatting happily and laughing at each other’s jokes.

He then left the table without even saying a word. Just like that.

“What’s up with him?” I asked.

“Oh just ignore my brother. He’s been like that for almost five hundred years”, Thalia said while rolling her eyes. I shrugged my shoulders and pretended to buy what Thalia just said.

I smell something fishy with Xander’s behavior. Obviously, there is something going on around these people. And I can’t even believe how comfortable I am with the whole situation.

I mean, who agrees to go have breakfast with your kidnappers? Besides, why would they kidnap me in the first place? Just because I looked a lot like Xander’s girlfriend or ex-girlfriend or wife or whatever doesn’t mean that I have anything to do with them. I used to be a normal girl and I just want to be normal for the rest of my life, yet now I’m hanging out with five-hundred-year-old werewolves.

Damn, I should definitely get my head checked.

“Can I ask everyone a question?” I snapped. They all stopped talking and turned their attention towards me.

“Thank you guys…for everything, but – when will I be able to go home?” I said.

Basically, everyone’s jaw dropped. It’s like they’re not expecting for me to ask them a question like that. Troy’s blood was drained from his face while Noah’s eyes were bulging out from its sockets.

“Uhm – well…Ivy…y-you see…” Noah stuttered.

“Well?”

“W-we’re not really sure…”

“What do you mean?”

My heart started pounding painfully in my chest. What do they mean of ‘not being sure’? Does this mean that I have to stay here for a very long time?

“W-Well…we – ”

“We are not sure if you’ll be able to go home again, Ivy. I’m sorry”, Caleb suddenly said. Everyone’s eyes turned towards him. Well that was really blunt…but honest.

“Why won’t I be able to go home anymore?”

“There was someone who should be the one to tell you that”, Caleb spoke, his eyes penetrating deeply into mine. The four other guys and Thalia nodded in agreement.

“Who?” Just as Caleb was about to open his mouth, the door swung open and there revealed Xander…again. His eyes were still black, and he had this cold, ruthless aura around him.

“Ivory”, he spoke. My heart did a few somersaults when we spoke my name.

“Our mother would like to speak to you”.