1 - WANNABE

❝I WANNA BE ME, ME, ME!❞

I WANNA BE ME, ME, ME!

8:12 AM, Los Angeles, California

Huening Kai dragged his backpack into the school, the brightness of the lights that early in the morning causing him to squint. He ran a hand through his black hair, walking over to his friends, Soobin, Yeonjun, and Taehyun. He was far too sleepy to realize that Beomgyu was missing immediately.

Kai rubbed his eyes, dropping his backpack on the floor near his locker. "I'm sorry I'm late, guys." Yeonjun jokingly side-eyed the boy, crossing his arms. "It took you long enough, Dahyun is gonna reveal who's invited to her party tonight in a few minutes." With that, the sleepiness got slapped right out of Kai, the words finally hitting his mind. "Damn, won't she just invite who she usually does? But- wait, where's Beomgyu?" Kai scanned the area, seeing no sign of his friend. Soobin finally spoke. "He's in the bathroom. He ate the school breakfast."

"I hate to be stereotypical, but American school food is so lethal." Kai leaned against his locker. "That's the reason why I just have Soobin bring me lunch every day." Taehyun joined in, shrugging. Soobin scoffed, "I'm not a millionaire, I'm not gonna bring you lunch all the time, moocher." The four flinched once they heard an all too familiar cough from across the hall. They turned, pushing through the crowd to hear the speaker clearly.

Dahyun stood in her best clothes, Mina, Momo, and Nayeon next to her. "Students of K-pop High..." She started, eyeing everyone. "I'm going to announce who is invited to my party at 8:00 tonight. I know a lot of you are excited since I throw only the best parties with the best music..." She smiled before inhaling deeply. "SO LISTEN UP!" She screamed, they'd have heard it before but it still strikes fear into the hearts of anyone. Nayeon leaned over and whispered into Dahyun's ear, cupping her hand around her mouth to deter any lip readers.

"Well, I know but.." Dahyun held her fingers to her lips mindlessly before sighing. "Fine. As Nayeon requested, everyone with one or more friends is invited."

Taehyun stood with his mouth agape, practically jumping up and down as an idea popped into his head. "Maybe at the party, I can finally ask out Chaeryeong!" Beomgyu walked out of the bathroom towards them, shaking his hands to air-dry them. "Hi, Kai. What happened?" Soobin rolled his eyes at Beomgyu's poor timing. "While you were busy shitting your brains out, Dahyun announced who was going to her party tonight and it's everyone with one or more friends." Beomgyu smirked mischievously at his friends. Yeonjun chucked, "Hell yeah, we're going."

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

I DON'T WANNA BE SOMEBODY I JUST WANNA BE ME, BE ME!

1:35 PM

Kai eyed his friends as they enjoyed their lunch, the space in front of him empty apart from his bare-bones tray. He was starving, but he was not going to spend 5 dollars on mystery meat. Taking his phone out of his pocket, he texted the "non hotties" group chat.

Kai watched as Wonyoung walked over to his table, her Mary Janes clicking against the floor

Kai watched as Wonyoung walked over to his table, her Mary Janes clicking against the floor. She held a bag of chips and a small package of Oreos in her hands. It was still strange seeing her in the group chat. "Here, you don't have to pay me back." She dumped a little over half of her bag of chips onto his tray before adding two Oreos as well. "But-" He started, but Wonyoung cut him off. "Trust me, I know how it feels." She gave him a quick pat on the shoulder and walked back over to her table next to Yujin and Liz.

Taehyun turned toward him, smiling with a half-eaten sandwich in his hand. "Now you know the art of begging." Soobin smacked him on top of his head, "You're starving tomorrow, Taehyun."

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚

3:50 PM

Kai lay in his bed, scrolling through his phone. He had made a post just a few minutes before but the comment he had gotten from Dahyun made him rethink his choices.

 He had made a post just a few minutes before but the comment he had gotten from Dahyun made him rethink his choices

Was he really too old for stuffed animals? Damn, Dahyun was an ass. He turned his phone on do not disturb and turned off, falling into a deep sleep.

UP NEXT...

❝GOT THE THRILLS❞