𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦. 𝔡𝔞𝔡𝔰 𝔭𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔢.

the drive home was quiet, not awkward quiet, but quiet.

"how are you feeling? you stayin' for long?" dad asked. "i'm okay, probably gonna stay here for a bit." i smiled at him, "alright, glad to have you back, i missed you" he smiled back "missed you too dad"

we arrived at his house and i grabbed my things, walking into the small apartment. a canvas and a glass of wine was on his coffee table, a random 90's theme seemed to be playing on the tv aswell. my dad is a teacher, but on his free time, he was an artist. he painted whatever he was feeling at the time.

his house didn't change much, still the same from when i was younger

i sat my stuff down in my old room and looked around the room for a bit, then out the window, taking in the scenery. 'this is a new start. a fresh start ' i thought. i heard a knock on my door "dad?" i questioned "it's me!"

i smiled "come in!" so he did, but what caught my eye was the pink box in his hand. "i wanted to give this to you earlier, but now that your here i can" he smiled, handing me the box. i looked at him with confusion, and excitement, before opening the box.

it was a painting, of me and him.

it was a painting that i had made when i was 3, it looks like he finished it. "it's the painting i made! you...finished it" i said, smiled at him

"yeah! i saw it in the attic and thought 'hey y/n might like if i finish this!'" he chuckled "think of it as a welcome back gift"

"thank you dad" i hugged him

he nodded at me, waving as he walked out. my first instinct was to call amy. i pulled out my phone and tapped on her contact name "she better answer, she ain't doing shit." i rolled my eyes.

she answered, i saw her on video with levi "Y/N! perfect timing. what if, we go out together tomorrow? just me and you" she questioned. i hesitated for a moment before saying "yeah sure, why not?"

"great! see ya tomorrow. love youuu!" she grinned "love you too" i smiled before hangign up and falling back on my bed

authors note !?

working for the graphics on this book

i like this short chapter <3