The End of The Beginning...

Harry awoke to see Y/N awake and enjoying the sweets left to him by one or two visitors while listening to his music until Dumbledore entered.

"Ah, you're both awake, I see you both have a few tokens from your admirers." Dumbledore said as Y/N and Harry grew confused.

"Admirers, sir?" Y/N asked.

"What happened down in the dungeons, between the two of you, and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret. So, naturally, the whole school knows." Dumbledore joked as Y/N and Harry smiles. "Ah, I see your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your chocolate frogs."

"Ron was here? Is he alright-"

"What about Hermione?" Y/N asked as Dumbledore raised his hand reassuringly.

"Fine. They're both, just fine." Dumbledore said calmly.

"But what happened to the stone?" Harry asked.

"Relax dear boy. The stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I have had a little chat and agreed it was best all around." Dumbledore explained.

"But Flamel...He'll die, won't he?" Harry asked.

"He has enough elixir to set his affairs in order, but, yes, he will die." Dumbledore told Harry.

"How is it I got the stone sir? One minute I was staring in the mirror, and the next--"

"Ah. You see, only a person who wanted to find the stone-- find it, but not use it-- would be able to get it. That is one of my more brilliant ideas, and between us three, that is saying something."

"Does that mean, with the stone gone, that is, that Voldemort can never come back?" Harry asked.

"Ah, I'm afraid...there are ways in which he can return. Harry, do you know why professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him?" Harry shook his head. "It was because of yours and Y/N's mother. She sacrificed herself for you, and that kind of act leaves a mark."

Harry instinctively reached for his scar.

"No, no. This kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your very skin." Dumbledore said.

"What is it?"

"Love, Harry. Love." Dumbledore said as he patted Harry on the top of the head before taking one of the every flavour beans. Dumbledore just smiled before eating the small bean shaped sweet.

"Mmm. Alas. Ear Wax." Dumbledore said earning a laugh from both Harry and Y/N.

They were both discharged from hospital on the same day, as they walked out together they saw Hermione and Ron waiting for them.

"All right there, Ron?" Harry and Y/N asked.

"Yeah, what about you two?" Ron asked as they both smiled and gave a nod as a silent indication that they were fine.

"You all right there Hermione?" Y/N asked as she looked at them and smiled.

"Never better." She said. They all gathered up and headed off to the great hall for the awarding of the house cup and the end of year ceremony.

As they walked in the Slytherin banners were up, the quartet just sat down with a few of the Gryffindors asking about what happened in the dungeons. The room was brought to silence when McGonagall used her spoon to tap her glass, getting the attention of the whole room. Dumbledore stood up.

"Another year gone and now as I understand it, the house cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus-- In fourth place, Gryffindor with 312 points. Third place, Hufflepuff, with 352 points. In second place, Ravenclaw...with 426 points. And in first place, with 472 points, Slytherin house." Dumbledore said, a group of cheers rose from the Slytherin table as the rest of the room sulked. "Yes, yes. Well done, Slytherin. Well done, Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account, and I have a few last minute points to award. To Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect when others where in grave peril, I award 30 points. To Mr Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess, that Hogwarts has seen these many years, 30 points. To Mr Harry Potter and and Mr Y/N Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage, 50 points each."

"We're tied with Slytherin." Hermione whisper shouted.

"And finally, it takes a great deal of courage to stand up to ones enemies, but a great deal more, to stand up to your friends. I award ten points to Neville Longbottom." All tables except for the Slytherin table erupted into cheers and applause. Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of decoration is in order."

With that Dumbledore clapped his hands and the Slytherin banners changed to Gryffindor banners.

"Gryffindor wins the house cup." Dumbledore announced and the tables erupted into cheers. Hagrid even let himself slip and celebrated for a second before putting on the impartial act again.

It was time to head home and the 'golden quartet' as they were now known were about to board the train.

Harry ran over to Hagrid and hugged him while Y/N and Hermione stood looking at the scene.

"What will you do? About being a Jedi" Hermione asked as Y/N thought on it for a moment.

"I'll think of something, you know me." Y/N said as he saw Hagrid hand Harry a book.

They shared another hug before Hagrid shooed him away with some parting advice on handling Dudley.

"Feels strange to be going home, doesn't it?" Hermione asked as Harry re-joined them.

"Me and Y/N, we're not going home, not really." Harry said as the conductor blew his whistle and the quartet boarded the train.

When they arrived at Kings Cross the quartet was greeted by the sight of their parents/guardians waiting for them, with the Dursley's avoiding everyone else. The Dursley's standing well away from the Weasley's and the Grangers.

When the quartet stepped off the train they turned to one another and shared a few final words.

"You will write to us, won't you?" Hermione asked Ron.

"Yeah, You, Y/N and Harry."

"Harry?"

"Every week." Harry promised.

"Y/N?" Hermione said as Y/N nodded.

"Course I will." Y/N answered as Mrs Weasley called Ron over, Ronald left with his family.

"I'd better go, too." Hermione said as Y/N and Harry nodded.

"You take care Hermione." Y/N said as she smiled and shook hands with Y/N.

"You too." She said before leaving, waving goodbye to Harry and Y/N.

The Dursley's approached and Y/N could see Harry's mood dampen slightly.

"Come along boys, we don't have all day." Vernon said as Cal stepped up to Y/N's and Harry's defence in an unusually subtle way.

"Vernon Dursley, correct?" Cal said as he looked at Vernon.

"Yes it is boy, what do you want?"

"I want to warn you that I will be keeping an eye on you, I would advise you to start treating these two boys better." Cal said as he looked at Y/N.

"Who are you to threaten me boy?"

"I'm the one who's trained Y/N in abilities even wizards are amazed by." Cal said as he smirked to his padawan. "Good bye."

Cal left as Y/N smiled at him before leaving with Harry and the Dursleys.

End of the Year 1: The Philosophers Stone...