7

He pulls into a drive way, he gets out of the car. The girl slowly gets out of the car, he turns to her then points to the house.

"Is this your parents house?"

She nods her head, she walks to the door with Tae. He knocks on the door then rings the doorbell.

The door starts to open and Jelani was going to walk through ignoring her parents.

Tae heart immediately drops seeing who opens the door, they were smoking a cigarette.

He pulls Jelani back shaking his head, she looks up to him.

"Jelani get inside." The lady says to her and she steps back.

Tae could faint any moment but he doesn't wake to be seen as weak.

The lady yanks Jelani inside slamming the door behind them. Tae holds his face then he comes someone quickly.

He gets back into the car, he pulls out of the driveway then to the nearby park.

"Baby?"

"Yes?"

"Where are you?" I ask him since it's been a long time since school let out.

"A student was didn't want to get on the bus and she told me why and how she doesn't want to go home... but I had to drop her off her step sister was working so she had to go back to her parents house."

He places his head on the steering wheel, he starts crying.

"Tae what's wrong?"

"Her parents."

"What about them?"

"They are my parents, her fucking parents are mine and they're doing the same thing to her." He starts crying then he starts breathing hard.

Jelani runs out of the house with a small bag, she notices Tae's car parked at the park she bangs on the windows. He looks up from his hands, he unlocks stone door.

"I can't stay there , please you have to help me."

I hear her from the phone call, she notices his eyes are red from tears.

She lets her in then he starts up the car.

"Baby I'll call you back."

He ends the call then he drives away to the apartment. He pulls into the parking lot and he walks with her up to the door.

He unlocks the door letting her in, she stands near the front holding her bag of clothes.

I come around the corner seeing a young girl standing there.

"This is Jelani." He says to me and I nod my head , she waved to me.

We are sitting at the dinning table, I made her some dinner. 

"Do you remember your brothers name?" Tae asks her and she drinks her water.

"It's Samuel." She pokes her food with her fork.

"I have to tell you something." He says to her and she crashes her eyebrows.

"I'm your brother, your parents are the ones I told you about earlier."

"You're lying."

"He's not lying." I say to her and she holds her mouth.

"I'm sorry they did this to you." He says to her and she gives him a hug.