.

The white-haired man didn't dare to look up from where he stood, only making his eyes dart to the floor. He could see his legends' shoes clicking toward him. Clopeh gulped and swallowed the constantly building up liquid in his mouth.

The clicking of his shoes stopped just inches from his own. Clopeh never once looked up, instead, choosing to focus on controlling his throat to not vomit whatever strange thing was in his mouth. He couldn't vomit in front of his legend.

The white-haired man didn't deserve to call out his name. He was but a mere peasant, blindlessly following the path his legend had carved out for him. While Clopeh was lost in his thoughts, he felt a hand lift his chin up to meet with his legends' eyes.

It was beautiful.

The way they shined brightly underneath the moonlit sky. Its fiery auburn color mixed with a tint of red and gray. His long, flowing red hair, which hung down to his neck, gently waved in the wind.

Clopeh's green eyes couldn't help but widen as he quickly avoided eye contact. What was he thinking? Staring at his legend with such a dirty gaze...he should be ashamed. He bit the inside of his cheek, trying to hold back the liquid from flowing out.

Why was his heart beating so fast all of a sudden?

Why was he getting butterflies in his stomach?

Was it because of his legend?

It must be!

His legend was the only person in existence to bless him with this!

"Clopeh Sekka..." Clopeh's breathing hitched as shivers were sent to his spine. The way his legend had uttered his name was perfect. This was the first time his legend had even spoken his name.

It felt great.

He wanted his legend to call him by his name once again but he couldn't be too greedy. 'Once was enough.' Clopeh had reassured himself but deep within the darkest parts of his mind, he wanted more.

"Look at me." Almost like a command, his legend whispered, this time with more annoyance in his voice. Clopeh hurriedly met his gaze. "The children have said that they've smelt blood on you."

The white-haired man wanted to smack himself. He wanted to bury himself in dirt, to never crawl out or face anything ever again. Clopeh had the audacity to think that his legend was worried about him!

Why was he so stupid?

Why was he so greedy?

Of course, his legend wouldn't care about a lowly peasant such as himself! Of course not.

He had important tasks to do.

Of course he wouldn't care about someone as useless as him. Clopeh was destined to watch from afar. He knew he was fated to be on the sidelines— to witness the hero's tale . However, his greedy human mind constantly whispered to him things he would not say out loud.

The white-haired man wanted to be in the story too. He wanted to feel included.

"Clopeh?" He could faintly hear his legend whisper as he was dragged back to reality once again. The older gazed up to the redhead as a small smile plastered his face; he tried to clasp his hand only for it to be redirected to his mouth.

He began coughing.

.

.

.

There was a lot of blood spilling from his mouth.

Oh god...Clopeh felt disgusting.

Some of his dirty blood landed on his legend's clothes. Oh god.