~7~ The First Quidditch Match

Start from the beginning

"I'm aware. But for your N. E. W. T you need to review werewolf's."

Percy looked at me with confusion. "No we don't, I looked what what we need." he whispered.

Throughout the whole lesson, we made notes about werewolf's. At the end, Snape called out "You will each write an essay, to be handed in to me, on the ways you recognize and kill werewolves. I want four rolls of parchment on the subject, and I want them by Monday morning. It is time somebody took this class in hand."

I left the classroom with Ollie and Percy. Once we were out of earshot, I burst out angrily, "Who does that gobshite think he is!" I cried. "He's just here to cover  the class, not steer it in a whole other direction! And insulting Lupin like that? How dare he!  Lupin's the best DADA professor we have ever had! That tool Snape doesn't even come close!"

"You're taking this so personally." Ollie said, raising his eyebrows at me.

I flushed a bright red. Oh Merlin, he was right. I didn't know why I was so angry. 

"Come on, let's go smack a few bludgers." Ollie grinned at me. 

Ollie and I spent the rest of the afternoon hitting bludgers, while Percy sat and watched us, until McGonagall came running out and screaming at us to go back inside because it was five minutes to curfew.

After dinner, Ollie and I went straight to bed since we would have to wake up early the next day.

The next morning, I woke up at 4:40 in the morning, to Peeves blowing in my ear. "Get out!" I whisper yelled at him. Peeves zoomed out cackling. "Little fecker." I mumbled.

I decided to just get up and after getting dressed in my Quidditch gear, I grabbed my broom and went to the Common Room, only to find Harry also there. 

"You're up early." I said, sitting down next to him.

"Peeves woke me up." he said irritably.

"Me too." I chuckled. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm a bit nervous." he admitted. "I want to do really well for you and Oliver."

"No you don't." I said sharply. "Don't think about us Harry. Think about yourself. You want to do well for yourself." 

Harry smiled at me.

We passed the time by just staring into the fireplace, each of us daydreaming in our own worlds. I looked at the clock that was against the wall. 

"Let's go get some breakfast, shall we?" I said, standing up. "The others will meet us there."

We walked together down to the Great Hall for breakfast. 

"Stand and fight, you mangy cur!" yelled Sir Cadogan, when we walked out the portrait hole.

Without looking back, I flipped Cadogan off and Harry grinned.

I was too nervous to eat, but I nibbled on some toast. Soon, the rest of the team showed up and sat with us. 

"How are you feeling?" Ollie asked me softly, sitting next to me. 

"Fucking nervous as hell." I said.

"Me too." he whispered. He didn't eat anything, and I pushed my quarter eaten toast away from me, feeling queasy. 

"Stop worrying, Oliver," said Alicia soothingly, "we don't mind a bit of rain."

We all changed into our scarlet robes and waited for Ollie's usual pre-match pep talk, but it didn't come. He tried to speak several times, made an odd gulping noise, then shook his head hopelessly and beckoned us to follow him.