7: Skipped Class To Nap

Start from the beginning

Loyd came out while wiping his wet hair with his towel. His well-defined tanned collarbone showed proudly through the unfastened top buttons of his shirt.

Redhead's eyes widened as he met Ver's.

"You-...tch, nevermind." He said, earning a curious look from Ver.

Loyd immediately averted his gaze as soon as he laid eyes on the lunatic's bare chest, however, the large reddish scar on the other's wheat-colored chest seemed to have been engraved in his mind, along with the question of how he could have gotten it.

Maybe the strong mint scent inside the bathroom influenced his brain into thinking such weird thoughts.

His eyes glanced back to Ver and then to the unfamiliar metal parts and sharp colorful stones laid in front of Ver.

Nimble-calloused fingers connected each part with great speed.

Ver stopped and reached for one of the stones. Upon contact, his pointer finger suddenly pools a decent amount of blood. The colourful stone suddenly glowed.

Blood slowly dropped on the thing Ver assembled. Using his bloodied finger he wrote, what Loyd believed was runes, on the thing.

The process of assembling then writing blood runes continued on and on.

What kind of device is he making? It's star-shaped design looked nothing like that small 'L' shaped magic artillery he'll make in the near future.

Loyd shifted his gaze to Ver's face.

His angled brows furrowed slightly, long upturned lashes cast a shadow under those sharp, but usually playful silver eyes and pink lips pursed creating a straight line.

It felt somewhat illegal to see the usual smiling lunatic look.... serious.

Now that he thought about it, this sick-in-the-head trash had always had either that irritating smile or a deranged grin plastered on that punchable face.

Loyd flinched slightly as he was met with those indifferent silver eyes. He turned his head as he casually ran his fingers through his wet hair. He threw his towel on his bed and lay down. He acted natural as if he wasn't just caught gawking like an obsessed suitor a minute ago.

Ver wordlessly tended back to his work.

After those judgemental eyes turned away, Loyd continued to observe the other's suspicious activity.

As he lay down, the mattress he used to consider as insignificant had suddenly become comfortable.

"Yawn.."

Minutes had passed and Loyd started to doubt whether the minty smell had been mixed with some kind of drug that makes you drowsy.

Loyd stared blankly at the ceiling.

Heavy eyelids, unfocused vision, yawning and evening of his breathing. He hadn't experienced these symptoms occurring naturally after being plagued by his future memories.

He wanted to succumb to his drowsiness, however, if he does then maybe it'll cause him a limb or his life.

Loyd peered back to the busy, ticking time bomb of insanity.

He must keep an eye on him at all cause.

"Yawnnn..."

Ver sucked on his bloodied finger, he then habitually bit down his nail. After a few minutes, Ver suddenly snapped his fingers and wiped away a few of the runes he wrote.

With a chisel, he etched the remaining runes. He then chanted a few ancient elven words. The mana infused with his blood seeped inside the etched runes, permanently embedding his blood onto the metal.

He cracked his knuckles with satisfaction as he finally finished with his third prototype.

Ver stood up, stretching his arms and numbed legs. After a quick stretch, he walked towards the window on his side of the room and opened the closed curtain.

With how the shadow cast on the small random tree he saw, Ver estimated that it should be past lunch, meaning it would take a few more hours until he could be let out of campus.

After completing his prototype, what should he do now? He can't test it in the testing ground since it's still closed, he can't get out of campus to test it back in the woods and he doesn't want to attend beastology class.

Should he just take a nap?

A light ruffling sound caught Ver's attention. He eyed the source of the noise and saw redhead sleeping peacefully with his hand underneath his pillow.

Why is he so hostile? I haven't done anything to him yet. Ver thought as he saw the pointy end of a dagger peeking through at the top of the other's pillow.

Aside from their violent first meeting and this hiding-a-dagger under-his-pillow scene, which showed how he viewed Ver as untrustworthy and dangerous, which was absolutely not the truth, the redhead had also refused to sleep with him last night and went to another dorm, though he didn't mind since he prefers to be alone, but it did still saddened Ver a little.

They had just met, so why is he so hostile?

Perhaps, he felt insecure upon laying eyes on an intelligent, good-looking and charismatic man like himself. If so then Ver will try and be more polite, maybe even share some of his baked sweets. Then maybe this bratty child will open up and even view him as a caring role model.

"Bullshit..." As if sensing someone talking crap, Loyd muttered while deep in sleep.

Ver could only sigh at the other's undeserving hate towards himself.

~·+•+·~

"Amelia." two overlapping voices caught Amelia's attention.

Amelia looked to see the twins, she then cautiously looked and saw that Lady Erika had already left. She unknowingly relaxed her taut shoulder.

After their failed first encounter, Amelia could not focus on the previous lecture no matter how hard she tried. The words spoken by Lady Erika, the said role model of upcoming aristocrat ladies, had occupied her thoughts.

However, despite Lady Erika's harsh words, Amelia had not bore any hatred towards her. Only fear.

She stood up as she greeted the approaching twins, "Greetings, Lady Penelope and Lady Priya."

Although Lady Erika was nowhere to be seen, Amelia still remained distant towards the twins, as seen in her greeting.

The twins frowned.

Penelope immediately voiced out her thoughts, "Please stop the formalities, you can speak to us casually like prior to what happened a while back."

"Erika...she is usually not that aloof and strict. We had just caught her at the wrong time." Priya's explanation was then continued by Penelope.

"The day of her engagement banquet is arriving quite fast and the preparations had taken a toll on her, I hope you can understand. Please forgive her."

Amelia shook her head and said, "I was also at fault for what had happened."

Penelope grabbed Amelia's hands. Her eyes were filled with hope as she declared in a determined tone, "We promise to mend your current relationship so that we all could be great friends!"