7: Skipped Class To Nap

A cool minty and slightly citrus smell, that's oddly soothing, permitted the air. The source of the smell stood, a meter away from Loyd, staring at him with his glistening silver eyes. His white bathrobe clung tightly to his not-so-skinny build.

"Oh, it's just you." He said flatly before turning towards his closet.

"Can't you put on some clothes?" Loyd said, not even bothering to hide the disgust in his tone.

Strands of black hair, that remained its curls even when wet, swayed in tandem with every step Ver took.

Ver rolled his eyes at the other's remark.

He was going to and now he suddenly doesn't feel like putting on clothes.

His suspicion rose at the other's unresponsive and quiet demeanor.

Loyd glared at the other's back and then glanced at his side of the room.

His bedsheet didn't have a single crease and his pillow, which he had always placed near the wall was not moved.

Loyd checked inside his closet.

His neatly folded pajamas and hung shirts, vests and coats that were all arranged by the colour order of the rainbow looked as tidy as he remembered.

He then opened a compartment inside his closet, revealing a row of daggers that were arranged from design. On the right were the overly flamboyant daggers with bejewelled hilts and on the left were the cool-looking ones(in the eyes of Loyd).

Loyd felt more confused.

Nothing looked out of order.

This spiteful bastard didn't do anything on his stuff?

After their banter yesterday, Loyd fully expected the other to take revenge by tinkering with his things, but it seemed he was wrong.

Maybe he wasn't that petty.

Or maybe he was planning something more sinister on him personally instead of his stuff.

Yeah, the latter sounded more logical.

He eyed Ver one last time then grabbed his towel and clothes before entering the bathroom.

Not long after the bathroom door creaked closed, the sound of running water briefly followed.

After putting on his pants, Ver sat on his bed, cross-legged, and reached inside the drawer beside his bed. Shiny red pills rattled as he took out a clear glass bottle and a piece of hard candy.

Even though his pills had been encapsulated with non-tasting and odorless slim capsules, the pills original rusty and nauseating taste had been engraved in his taste buds, causing him to gag as he swallowed.

His furrowed brows eased up as he ate the minty sweetness of the hard candy that cleansed his pallet.

Ver placed back the bottle of pills and took out a squeezable tube filled with a clear viscous liquid.

He twisted the cap off and squeezed a decent amount of the liquid onto his hand.

Ver's tense shoulders slumped as the smell of eucalyptus oil mixed with limemint extract and dried lavenderpuff enveloped him whole.

The white bathrobe slid down. He instantly felt a familiar cool tingling sensation as he painstakingly rubbed the ointment on his back.

After he finished applying the ointment to his body, he wore his bathrobe and took out the suitcase underneath his bed. As soon as he laid out its contents, the bathroom door creaked open.