1: Leaving the manor

A young boy with brown hair walked towards the farthest room on the east wing. As Julian reached the room, he inwardly sighed as he readied himself for what was to come.

"The first young master? He's quite... eccentric and extremely dangerous. I heard the magic device he invented a while ago could kill even a Vermilion Serpent." Said the captain of the knights.

"He is very unpredictable and often starts fights with the third young master." The head butler informed.

"Young master Ver? The child possesses an unexplainable charm that may or may not come off as arrogant at first." The head chef commented.

"That child is a genius when it comes to crafting all sorts of magic technology or magic tech as the nobles say. He's also a funny child." Uncle John said.

He raised his hand to knock on the door, but he came to a halt just before his knuckles touch the wooden door.

Julian took a step back and tapped his feet a few times before finally knocking on the door.

*Knock-knock-knock

"Y-young master."

The figure that was tightly wrapped in his blanket rolled to his left.

*Knock-knock-knock

"Young master, it is time to wake up."

A fuzzy, bird's-nest-like black hair popped out of the blanket.

*Knock-knock-knock

The figure turned again not knowing that he was already at the edge of his bed.

*THUD!

The silver-haired young man was quickly alarmed by the sound from inside and barged in even without the permission of his young master.

"Young master! What–...where?" He looked towards the empty bed and then searched around to see if anything had blown up.

A bandaged hand was raised at the side of the bed.

"Still alive." The hoarse voice was then followed by a yawn.

Ver held the bed for support as he stood up. He stretched his arms and cracked his neck before facing the young man.

"Name?"

The young man immediately straightened his posture and answered in a slightly anxious voice, "Julian Smith, young master."

His eyes immediately shifted to the floor as soon as he met with the other's silver eyes.

"Jul, bring those bags over there to my carriage." Ver said as he looked towards the luggage he packed last night.

"Yes, young master." Julian quickly complied.

Ver ignored the boy and walked lazily to the bathroom.

He stood still as he observed his reflection in the mirror. He sighed deeply before tugging the corners of his lips, forming his usual smile.

Today was the day he could finally leave the manor.

As he finished taking a bath and changing his clothes, Ver headed straight to the dining hall.                       

As he reached the dining hall several eyes glared towards him.

His smile widened into a grin as he locked eyes with his father.

"Morning, Father."

"You are late."

Ver pouted as he apologized flatly, "I apologize."