CHAPTER -2 DOWNFALL

Eves POV - I got discharged from the hospital , the first thing I did was to go to my house .
I entered inside my home , dull, dark and silent , I sobbed looking at my house , all the happiness turned into a memory .

After some time I managed to gathered myself together , and walked out from my house carrying a bunch of stuff for my siblings ..

                       In the hospital

As I entered the hospital , Dr.Ann who has been taking care of my family came up to me
" hi Eve I know that its a very hard time for you but I've got to talk to you about something "
Dr Ann , had a sad yet forced expression , like she wanted to tell me something but couldn't find the courage to do so .
" its okay , what is it ? " I asked reassuring her .
" actually its almost been a month since your family was admitted , and umm  , you really need to pay up the bill ". She finished with a sigh
" Ah , yes I totally forgot about it , I will soon find a job and pay for it just take care of my siblings " I said , Dr. Ann patted my shoulder and left.
I was 19 years old so I had to pay up by myself , as I was an adult , but I was scared .
I was a student , but right now I was only focused on making money so I decided to end my studies ...

The next day I set out looking for a job , I visited some restaurants , cafe's , stores , I was willing to do any kind of work to earn money .
I was in such a hurry that I didnt even realize I took up about 3 jobs .

In the morning I had to work in a cafe ,
In the evening at a restaurant
And in the night at a food store .
In a day I would earn about 20 thousand .

I started working from the very next day , from the morning to the night I worked and worked not caring about my body , the only thought going on in my mind was money . I never realized that one day I would be working like this , just for the sake of money . I wanted to be a doctor who helped those in need but I myself turned into someone who needed help ...

I started to pay up the bill in small installments , I only kept around 5 thousand with myself and the rest I gave it to the hospital .

                      13 DAYS LATER

Eve was working in the cafe , that suddenly she felt dizzy , in under a minute she fell , she fainted

Eves POV - I opened my eyes , I was in the hospital. at this point , this was my most hated place ,I just wanted to leave .
I sat up and saw Dr. Ann sitting on a chair next to me . I could tell from her face that she was feeling guilty .
Before she could say anything I said     " don't worry Dr. Ann I am fine " .
She was about to talk but someone called her , so she had to leave .
I took a look at my hands , and face . My hands were full of cuts and my eyes were looking so tired like it was begging me to take some rest .

                         Flashback

" hey mum look I bought a ring yesterday how does it look " Eve said .
" Wow that looks amazing ,well I am the one who made those pretty hands so its bound to look pretty " Eve's mom said laughing , making her laugh as well

END OF FLASHBACK !

I cried looking at my hands , remembering my mum . I got up and went to my sister , she was laying there just like before , I sat next to her as I held her hand. I sobbed " I , ca..nt do this sis , I..ts so hard , pls wake up now , pls pls wake up , I can't see you like this anymore " . I didnt realize that I actually fell asleep next to my sister .
After 2 days I went back to work ,
Dr.Ann took a promise from me that I need to take care of myself too , and that she didnt want to see me in the hospital like that again .
I agreed to it , I had no other option but to continue living , so that when my sister and brother wakes up they will be proud of me .
I started eating regular food with my siblings at the hospital , though they were not awake but I just couldn't eat alone it was suffocating , to eat alone in that big house without anyone . I took regular care of my body , I still felt very tired but not to the point of fainting .

My brother was getting better so was my sister but both of them were not waking up , everyday I hoped to receive a call from the hospital that at least of them was awake , days passed by but they didnt wake up . still I never lost hope , I knew that some day they will get up .

Just like this 2 months passed by , I worked , came to the hospital , then went to work again . I couldn't smile anymore no matter how hard I try to I just couldn't smile .

In the evening Eve was working in the restaurant , serving food .            Eve was so busy that she didnt see her phone was ringing , as soon as she finished her work she checked her phone , her eyes widened as there were 16 missed calls from the hospital , she got scared , thinking what was wrong , tears formed in her eyes as she called the hospital and ran out of the restaurant , she got into a taxi . she was about to call again but her mobiles battery died , she looked out of the window and there was a traffic jam , without wasting time she got out of the taxi and ran to the hospital , not being in the right state of mind she ran and ran , and finally reached the hospital .

As soon as she entered she saw Dr. Ann , Eve ran to her already sobbing , and asked " wh..at happ.p.end , how are my sib..ling , are they OK ?"
" Calm down Eve everything is OK , your brother has shown progress , he was saying your name again and again unconsciously , he started screaming too , thats why we called you in a hurry , its a good sign , he's getting better " . As soon as she completed , eve ran to her brother and started crying miserably , she said " I am here don't worry , I am here " she repeated again and again " .

Soon she calmed down , she looked at her brother and a smile apperead on her face .
After such a long time she was feeling happy again ......