37

TWs: Blood/bleeding, glass/sharp objects, guns/shooting, death/death mention, and hospitals. Stay safe :)

Two resounding shots were fired within the room, one piercing the General's heart and one penetrating Tord's lower abdomen. They both fell to the ground; one dead, and one breathing.

Tord leaned against the wall, clutching his abdomen to keep the blood in.

"Tord!" A familiar voice called, sounding almost angelic to the Norsk, which was funny since he didn't believe in that stuff.

"Edd...?" Tord rasped, peering up at him through caramel bangs as Edd knelt beside him.

"You're an idiot." He chastised as he filed through his pockets, finding a handkerchief. He applied it to Tord's lower abdomen to stop the bleeding.

The ex-leader chuckled, "I know, but at least I won."

Edd held Tord's hands over the handkerchief, "Keep it there."

The taller then carefully scooped Tord up in his arms, trying not to move him around too much.

Tord winced at the burning sensation, growing light-headed from the blood loss.

"Hang on, Tord..." Edd muttered as he made his way out of the base.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

The Lieutenant General went down with a bullet right between his eyes. Pat huffed as he dropped the gun next to his body.

He turned his attention to Pau, who was still sitting on the ground with broken glass riddling him. His gaze was cast down to his lap, hollow and empty.

"Pau." Pat knelt beside him, "Pau?"

The ruffled brunet's gaze was still blurry as he glanced at Pat, "He-e-y..."

His breathing was labored, and his eyes were hollow and empty. He was so exhausted that he could sleep just about anywhere.

He jolted as he felt his shoulder being pushed.

"Do not close your eyes," Pat spoke, squeezing Pau's hand, "You are not dying on me, Pau."

Pau frowned as his head swayed abit, "I feel so tired..."

"I know." Pat's voice cracked as he bit his lip.

Pau's hazy gaze fell on Klimov's body. Grasping Pat's hand, he rasped, "Can you- get something for me?"

"Anything."

"In Klimov's jacket- there's a hairpin in his front pocket..." Pat spoke slowly, "I need it."

Pat nodded, reluctant to let go of his hand. He moved over to the Lieutenant General's body, finding a snowdrop hairpin in his pocket. He returned to where Pau sat, taking hold of his hand again.

"Is this it?" Pat held the hairpin out to him.

Pau nodded, "Hold onto it for me."

As Pat stuffed it into his pocket, he heard the pace of footsteps down the hallway.

Clay sped into the room, nearly tripping over the doorway. Once he saw the two, he yelled, "Found them!"

A ravenet walked into the room, his eyes furrowing in concern when he saw the state Pau was in. He turned to Clay, "Get You and call 113."

"Aye-aye!" He saluted, running out of the room.

"That makes two in critical condition," Yan muttered as he knelt on the other side of Pau.