Ch. 14.1 - Order Up!

Start from the beginning

Olivia: "You guys are working way too hard!" Olivia suddenly emerges from the shadows, accompanied by a wall of dispensers. She sent an evil smirk in our direction as she activated the machine, mowing down the rest of the mobs right in front of our eyes.

Petra: "There goes my lead..."

Olivia: "Looks like today's winner of 'Who can get the most kills?' goes to me... again!" Olivia poses in an annoying manner, like she wasn't already acting cocky.

Petra: "No fair! You can't just speed-build random machines that do all the work for you!"

Olivia: "I guess brains are better than brawns."

Jesse: "You're always looking to one-up us, aren't you?" Olivia chuckles.

Olivia: "Guess you know me better than anyone."

Axel: "Jesse, duck!"

Jesse: "Eh?" Right then, a zombie attacks me from behind as Axel sprints over to finish it off.

Axel: "That was a close one." I look back at the defeated zombie that's now lying on the ground. Damn it, how did I not notice that one?!

Jesse: "Guess we're even now. We really should learn these quick gestures for this type of situation, huh?"

Axel: "Yeah... but I think I'm probably gonna forget them either way." I sigh.

Olivia: "Anyway, let's head inside the temple before more show up; we didn't come here just to fight mobs, right?" We nod. Since we were busy fighting, I didn't actually get the time to fully admire the temple until now.

Jesse: "That is one seriously cool temple!"

Petra: "Yeah, points for Ivor, I guess. This was a good tip." I think back to how we came to this point. After the whole Wither Storm situation, Petra suggested that we go adventuring together to get our minds off things. When Ivor found out about our new hobby, he suggested we investigate a rumored temple to find out more about it on his behalf.

We've been to a few places before this one, but this one really did look more spectacular than the ones we've seen before. Something told us this adventure trip would be different than the last ones.

Axel: "So... are we heading in?" I pointed my weapon towards the entrance.

Jesse: "Order of the Stone, let's find out what this temple has to offer!" And with that, we run in. Inside, we're met with a really bare-bones stone room with three weird-looking lava fall devices on the three walls.

Axel: "Well, the inside doesn't look as spectacular as the outside implied it would be."

Petra: "*sigh* And I thought we'd find some awesome treasure..."

Jesse: "Come on, you know how these places work. The treasure's never just out in the open! Unless it's a trap, but that's beside the point. Let's fan out and search the place."

Axel: "How bout those weird lava falls?" We go over to one of them as Olivia starts inspecting them. We noticed that all of them are equipped with a lever. Olivia flicks one of them, which causes the lava to start flowing down a tube towards the middle of the room. Thinking we're going in the right direction, Olivia starts to flick the second lever.

As expected, the lava from that device started flowing down as well, but suddenly, something from the first device got triggered, and the lava there stopped flowing.

Olivia: "*sigh* There's a 99.99 percent chance this is going to be some overly complicated puzzle." We groan.

Petra: "Not those kinds of puzzles; why can't we just brute force every single wall, ceiling, and floor open until we find the hidden door?"