"That, too." Just then, Professor McGonagall appears, barring their way. "Professor McGonagall"

"This match has been cancelled."

"Cancelled! They can't cancel Quidditch"

"As much as I don't like the kid, he has a point" James says as Sirius agrees.

"Is that all you care about, Quidditch?" Lily asks.

"No I care about my little Prongs and Prongslet too" He says smiling at her.

"Silence, Wood! You will return to Gryffindor Tower now. Potter, you and I will find Mr. Weasley. There's something the both of you need to see." McGonagall pauses outside the hospital wing doors and turns to Harry and Ron. "I warn you. This will be a bit of a shock." She opens the door. Madam Pomfrey is leaning over a bed where a girl lies. As she straightens up, we see the girl is

"Hermione!" Ron exclaims.

"She was found near the library. Along with this. Does it mean anything to either of you?" She holds up a small circular mirror. Harry shakes his head. McGonagall nods gravely, leads them out. McGonagall reads from a parchment to the somber Gryffindors. "All students will return to their house common rooms by six o'clock in the evening. You will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No exceptions." rolling up the parchment "I should tell you all this. Unless the culprit behind these attacks is caught, it is likely that the school will be closed." McGonagall turns, exits.

"Why weren't they all sent home straight away" Euphemia asks looking at Dumbledore.

Instantly, as one, the students begin to talk amongst themselves. Neville speaks up.

"Haven't any of the teachers noticed that the Slytherins are all safe? Isn't it obvious all this stuff's coming from Slytherin? The Heir of Slytherin, the monster of Slytherin why don't they just chuck all the Slytherins out?"

The Slytherins all glare at him as he ducks his head down.

"Keep looking at him like that and you'll be dealing with me" Rory says standing up and walking back over to the others glaring at most of the Slytherins as she does. They all quickly look away as Remus pulls her to sit back down between him and James.

"Missing you already Rory" Barty Jr shouts over to her, making her laugh. 

"They can't close Hogwarts. Where would we all go?" Seamus says.

"I don't care what anyone says. As long as Dumbledore's here, Hogwarts will be here." Dean tells everyone. Harry whispers to Ron.

"We've got to talk to Hagrid, Ron. I can't believe it's him. But if he did set the monster loose last time even by accident he'll know how to get inside the Chamber of Secrets. And that's a start."

"But you heard McGonagall. We're not allowed to leave the tower except for class"

"I think it's time to get my Dad's old Cloak out again." Theres a knock. Hagrid swings open the door. Crossbow in hand.

"You were seriously on edge then wasn't you Hagrid" Sirius says looking at the half giant.

"Who's there?" Harry and Ron drop the cloak. Hagrid lowers the crossbow. Harry points to the crossbow.

"What's that for?"

"Nothin', nothin'. I've been expectin'. Doesn't matter. Sit down I'll make tea" Hagrid nervously takes the kettle, spills the water.

"Are you okay? Hagrid? Did you hear about Hermione?"

"Oh, yea. I heard, all righ'."

"Look we have to ask you something. Do you know who's opened the Chamber of Secrets?" Hagrid takes a fruit cake, stops, about to answer, when there is a loud knock. The fruitcake smashes to the floor. Panicked, Harry and Ron throw the cloak over themselves. Sweating, Hagrid grabs his crossbow, points it at the door.