chapter three

"affirmative, he is going to attend

 "affirmative, he is going to attend." mysta said.

 "good. i'll see him soon, then." shu said and sipped his tea.

 a novelist that never ages...

 "by the way," shu started. "you're not allowed to sleep with y/n anymore."

 "what? why?!"

 "why are you sleeping with her in the first place?"

 "because i'm her pet?!"

 "nope. i can't let a teenager sleep beside an old man who isn't even her father."

 "what the hell is this?!"

 a big purple fire grew behind shu, creating an eerie image of a monster.

 "and if you ever try sneaking in her room during the night, i'd love to have fox soup in the morning."

 "f-f-fine! fuck you, man!"

 "iip iip ip?" a shikigami asked.

 "i'll take her to school on monday." shu replied and sipped his tea.

 "you? you will take her to school? that's new." mysta said. "you said you don't want any marital relationships with y/n."

 "i'm just going to drop her off. i want to see her off."

 "ah... like a dad."

 the shikigamis squealed and laughed when mysta flinched after shu slammed his hand on the small table.

 "shut up." shu darkly said.

 the familiar whistled with no fear. "i've been with few sorcerers. human brides are not new."

 "i do not intend to take y/n as a bride. she's too young. do you hear yourself?" shu just said and fixed the table.

 "well before, i know you don't really intend to." mysta said. "but hey, the more you run away from your marital responsibilities, the more it's getting obvious where everything is going."

 "your grandma was a human bride, wasn't she? i've seen her before."

 "can we not talk about her?"

 "i'm just saying. you have to set your priorities right. it's not like y/n's going to be young forever."

 "i do not intend to marry a child unlike the samurais, mysta."

 "okay. just saying. it's not like marrying a 14-year-old is an odd case."

 (a/n: this tradition is for the unnatural such as familiars, sorcerers, etc.)

 "i just don't think it's right. i watched her grow, mysta." shu said. and before mysta could say another word, shu stood up. "our conversation ends here. starting today, you're not allowed near y/n's room and will only play with her during the day."