||Chapter 14|| A New Face ||

||Shadows POV||

My eyes opened slowly, where was I? The last thing I remember was I was in the forest and then.. something or.. someone caught me. I look around, surrounded by blue tinted material. I quickly stood up, my head was still spinning, and my whole body felt weak. I tried breaking whatever it was that was keeping me in here but as soon as my fist made contact with it electricity shot through my body. Not enough to kill me, but enough for it to hurt. I winced and I held my fist in pain. I felt hopeless, how was I supposed to escape? It was so much easier last time. The Doctor has clearly made some changes to this trap.

There was a sudden loud crash from behind me, is that..? "Sonic!" I yelled, happy to see him, without thinking I placed my hand against the blue material, being shocked again, I flinched at the pain. "Shadow.." Sonic said, sounding upset. He quickly dashed up to me, "I'm so sorry I got you into this mess! I'll get you out though!" He said reassuringly. "Sonic this isn't your fault, if I hadn't of ran away when I saw your friends then-" I began, but was quickly cut off.

"So your finally awake! And look who's here to save you. Sonic The Hedgehog, I must say it's a pleasure to finally meet you. The doctor has told me all about the inconvenience you have caused him" A sinister voice said from the shadows.
"Who said that?!" Sonic said, sounding startled. "Who I am is not important; I have been here helping the Doctor to finally defeat you and your pathetic friends. Did you never wonder how he was able to capture you those few days ago? That was me, it was all me. And now, I have you right where I want you" As the last few words were said, a figure stepped out from the darkness.

He was.. human. A total polar opposite to Eggman. Tall and lanky, brown hair that was combed over tidily. He wore an outfit similar to Eggman's, except with a different colour pallet. "Your human! I thought Eggman was the only human on this island.." Sonic exclaimed. The man chuckled to himself "Incorrect, I've been travelling all over this planet in the hopes of finding someone with a brilliant mind, the doctor.. he had potential, a smart brain with bad execution. So with my help we will become unstoppable" He smirked. Sonic narrowed his eyes at him. "Let Shadow go" He said angrily. "I'm afraid I can't do that, hedgehog. Your friends part of the plan now. So I need both of you here" He said coldly. "For someone who claims to be so smart.. you clearly know nothing about me" Sonic yelled.
"What makes you say that?" The man responded. "You don't know what I'm capable of.. so just let Shadow go and you won't have to find out!" Sonic yelled beginning to get frustrated. The man laughed, "You really think I'm scared of you! You may be fast but your still just a hedgehog!".
Sonic brought his knees and hands to the ground, preparing for a spin attack. As the man kept laughing, oblivious to Sonic's upcoming actions. As the man calmed down, wiping a tear from his eye he saw what Sonic was doing, but it was too late for him. Sonic dashed towards him, crashing into him at full speed as they both flew into the wall of the lair, breaking it. Sonic stopped before he would fall into the ocean but gave one last kick at man, sending him down to the water.

||Sonics POV||

I looked down at him falling, he entered the water with a large splash. I began to walk back to Shadow. If the guy knew how to swim then he wouldn't die, but at least he'd know not to mess with me or Shadow again. I quickly ran back to where Shadow was trapped.
"Shadz!" I said excitedly. Shadow smiled, then pointed towards a button by Eggmans workspace. I got the memo and pressed it, the forcefield flickered, then faded away. "Sonic!" Shadow quickly said as he rushed over to me pulling me into a hug. I was a bit stunned, but I hugged him back. "Thanks for saving me Sonic, I should've of run away when-" "Hey it's okay! Your free now so it doesn't matter!" I told him reassuringly. "Now let's get out of here" I said taking Shadow by the hand. I saw him blush slightly before nodding.

——————

A/N:

Hi! I'm so sorry this chapter is shorter than usual. And also that it took ages to come out- I've actually been spending time writing out how the story will end instead of just winging it every chapter. So Chapters should be more frequent! Hopefully-

-Ace