”i can’t think of any.” y/n mumbled and pouted. “shouldn’t we ask for his opinion? you always tell me it’s nice if we can have two sides of the coin.”

 ”i don’t think that applies in nickname giving…” shu mumbled with a small smile.

 ”can you talk to him, shu? please, please, pretty pleaaaaase?” she begged with puppy dog eyes.

 ”alright, alright. since when did i say no to you?”

 the fox sat in front of shu after the sorcerer closed his book.

 ”so, mister detective mysta rias. do you want any nickname?”

 ”what did he say? what did he say?!” y/n excitedly asked, crawling beside shu.

 ”he said you can just call him mysta.”

 y/n’s lips puckered out, her eyes narrowed at shu while raising her eyebrow at the same time. “you’re lying, aren’t you?”

 ”yes.” shu immediately admitted. “you don’t have to waste your energy just to say ‘mister detective mysta rias!’. it’s so long!”

 y/n giggled. "how about shu? i want to give shu a nickname."

 "shu's already a short name. i don't think i'd need one." shu said and patted y/n's head. "but i like the idea. have you come up with a nickname?"

 "d-don't pressure me… let me think of a nickname for mister detective mysta rias first!" y/n said.

 her "hmmm…" went on for almost a whole day straight.

 "hmmm…" while eating.

 "hmmm…" while shu's healing her.

 "hmmm…" while trying to read.

 "hmmm…" while playing in the garden.

 "hmmm…" while harvesting her favorite yellow radishes.

 "hmmm…" while seated on the grass, the fox busy with catching shikigamis, and shu chuckling at y/n.

 "i got it!" y/n chirped.

 "ooh~ what've you got there?" shu asked curiously.

 "mimi, tata, or sir." y/n said and turned to shu. "which do you think is better, shu?"

 "i think tata is good."

 "well, you're wrong. mimi's better." y/n said and carried mysta in the air. "you're mimi now!"

 shu laughed. "where did you learn that, huh? you little troublemaker." he said and pinched her nose.

 y/n laughed. "i read it from some books! wait here!" y/n stood up and ran to her house.

 she came back a few minutes later with a few books in her arms.

 "i want more books like this, shu!" y/n said and placed the books on the grass.

 "eh?!" shu lifted all the books with his magic. "w-where did you get these stuff? these are teen fiction and you're not a teen yet. you should only read the books i provide you."

 "what's a teen?"

 "see? this is why you should study with me instead of running away," he said and pinched y/n's nose again.

 y/n pouted. "but studying is boring."

 "then how will you be able to taste all kinds of foods in the world if you don't know their ingredients?"

 y/n looked away. "...'kay. but promise me you'll buy me more books like these, shu!"

 "hmmm… have you read everything?"