𝐈𝐗 . 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐲

"Sending him up there alone is reckless," Mylaela scolded Gandalf, anxious as she sat in the valley with the rest of the Dwarves.

"You need your rest, My Lady," Gandalf gave her a knowing look, followed by a scowl from her. The majority of her energy had returned, though she still felt slightly faint.

Mylaela could hear the heavy footsteps of a Dwarf approaching her as she stared at the ground, a pair of boots coming into view.

Bifur began speaking in Khuzdul, Mylaela furrowing her eyebrows as she had never taken the time to learn the language.

"He's asking if he can give you a present," Bofur explained, a thankful look from Mylaela. The She-Elf stood from where she sat, laying a hand on the Dwarf's shoulder, "You do not have to give me anything, but I will not deny your offer."

Bifur began fumbling with the pockets on his clothes before letting out a triumphant shout as he pulled out what seemed to be a metal firefly. He held it out to her, a smile spreading across her face, "Thank you, Bifur. I love it."

Mylaela opened up her pouch, putting the toy in a safe place before shutting it once more. Shuffling of feet caught her ears as the Hobbit ran down from the cliff.

"How close is the pack?" Thorin quickly questioned Bilbo as he rushed towards them, "Too close. A couple of leagues, no more. But that is not the worst of it."

Myleale stepped towards him in worry, sharing an anxious glance with Gandalf.

"Have the wargs picked up our scent?" Dwalin predicted, Bilbo shaking his head, "Not yet. But they will do. We have another problem."

"Did they see you?" Gandalf asked, Bilbo turning to look back at him, "They saw you, didn't they?"

"No, that's not it," Bilbo panted, visibly tired from running. Mylaela's ears picked up a distant roar, her eyes immediately widening in shock.

"What did I tell you? Quite as a mouse," Gandalf told the group, who began to agree with the Wizard. Mylaela noticed the anxious look on the Halfling's face.

"Bilbo, what did you see?" Mylaela asked him, kneeling down slightly to be at eye level with the Hobbit.

"There is something else out there," Bilbo advised the group, a hesitant look on the Elf's face.

"What form did it take? Like a bear?" Gandalf grumbled, Mylaela rubbing her hands over her face in frustration.

"We just can't catch a break," she groaned, pacing away from the group before heading back towards Gandalf, "You brought us through Beorn's land?"

"You knew about this beast?" Bofur piped up, in obvious fear, "I say we double back."

"And be run down by a pack of Orcs?"

"There is a house," Gandalf announced, turning back to face them, "It's not far from here, where we might, uh, take refuge."

"Whose house? Are they friend or foe?" Thorin growled, the apprehension on Gandalf's face being apparent to all of them.

"Neither," Gandalf answered with a sigh, "He will help us, or he will kill us."

"He hates Dwarves," Mylaela shouted, "You know that."

"What choice do we have?" Thorin was interrupted by a loud roar, "None."

The company sprinted off towards the direction of Beorn's home, Mylaela fighting the anger growing inside of her for Gandalf bringing them so close to the Skin-Changer's land. The Elf glanced over her shoulder continuously as they ran through lakes, forests, and open fields.

Running into a clearing out of the forest, Beorn's farm finally came into view, "Into the house!"

Bombur began running as fast as possible, surprising the company as he sped past everyone. Mylaela would have let out a chuckle of amusement if they were not running for their lives.

Mylaela stopped at the gate with Gandalf, ensuring that the company all made it past her. Before bringing her gaze to the woods, a large bear leaped out of it.

The She-Elf and Wizard turned quickly, running towards the door that the Dwarves were struggling with. Thorin unlatched it, the company piling in.

Just as they began to shut the door after them, the bear stuck his head threw, sending the company into further panic.

"Push! Push!"

Mylaela noticed a shovel that was leaning against a post, "Forgive me," she muttered before using it to hit Beorn on the nose. The bear jumped back startled, giving the company the perfect chance to fully shut the doors.

"What is that?" Ori panted as he turned to Gandalf.

"That is our host," the Wizard answered, "His name is Beorn. And he's a Skin-Changer."

"Was that a plan to get the company killed?" Mylaela seethed, approaching Gandalf, "You know Beorn patrols these lands."

"Now, now, Mylaela," Gandalf shook his head, "Everyone is alive and well. Besides, I believe Beorn could be of help to us."

Mylaela scowled, walking towards the kitchen. She sat down in frustration, her heart rate slowing from both the running and the yelling. Something felt wrong within the company, it was not like the She-Elf to be so hot-tempered. Ever since leaving Goblin Town, she felt a shadow lurking over the company. A shadow that was beginning to weigh heavy on top of her shoulders.