Just a nightmare

Eren rested inside the mouth of his own, waiting, just waiting for something to happen. Then a light broke through after a sonic boom shatters his Titan's teeth away, seeing the Ackerman running for him, sword drawn and ready to carve. He looked at her, smiling, she looked so composed, but yet, she didn't seem happy. He looked back with a very small smile as he got decapitated, blood leaking from his head as he closed his eyes slowly, Mikasa picking his head up and smiling tearfully at it.

"See you later... Eren." She said kissing him on the lips as Eren's vision faded to black and nothing else made a sound nor noise. But then he felt a jolt in his body and flung himself forward, finding himself in bed. He was breathing heavily with cold sweat dripping from his forehead, feeling the bed wet and smelt bad. He exited the room in search of Mikasa, looking around the house top to bottom, but nothing. He shouted and cried for her, wanting to see her and hold her, but she was nowhere to be seen.

"Mikasa!!" He came to a standstill and curled up into a ball on the carpet in the living room, thinking he was all alone. His parents were gone, Mikasa only had her grandmother to take care of her, Armin's family were always so kind to him, Eren just thought, why did he deserve to be left with absolutely nothing. Looking over at the picture frame on the wall, he saw how many bad memories it brought up with his family, seeing his mom and dad holding him as a baby.

Soon some keys fit into the door with Eren looking up like a dog hearing his owner come home, as his wife stepped on in putting her umbrella away calling for Eren. But as she did she only heard the sobs from the living room and walked down the hall and saw Eren on the floor. "Eren?! Baby what's wrong are you okay?!" Mikasa exclaimed running over and dropping her bags hugging Eren, with him hugging her so tightly she almost was choking.

"Mikasa! Please tell me you're real, tell me you're okay!"

"Honey? I'm fine. What's wrong why are you crying like this?"

"I... I was... I don't where I was but I never want to go there ever again. There was no hope, just, just blood."

"Okay, okay, stop right there. We're not going to talk about this right now, we're just gonna make you better okay? Come on, let's go upstairs and lie on the bed." Mikasa helped Eren's shaking body up the stairs as she took her coat off and shoes, climbing into bed and snuggling against her distressed husband. "Alright sweetie, come here." She wrapped her arms around Eren laying him on her chest as kissed his forehead, playing with his brunette hair. They laid there for a few minutes till Eren calmed down a little, Mikasa giving him kisses and plenty of snuggle time. "I'm a burden." He abruptly said, making Mikasa frown at him which he looked away from.

"You are not a burden Eren, trust me you're allowed to feel like this. Don't think cause you are a guy you have to be strong and tough, because that's not why I love you compared with the boys I've been within the past. You're honest, sweet, kind, breathtakingly handsome, and I say very, very sexy. So stop making these false statements about yourself, because they're far from true."

"C-can we... stay like this?"

"Of course baby. We'll take a nap for a little bit, then we'll order takeout from your favourite place and watch some cute romance movies. Hmm, what do you say?" She asked kissing his cheek as he nodded into her chest with her smiling sadly wrapping her whole body around him, just trying to erase his bad thoughts. He quietly cried for a while longer until he finally fell asleep, with Mikasa looking at the tear stains that set on his face.

'Oh, Eren... what on earth did you dream about to get you this upset about me. Whatever it is, it's best if I let you explain it in your own time. I'm just going to do my part, and love you.' She kissed him before drifting off to sleep herself.