Chapter 12

When I woke up to my damn alarm clock, I realized that I wasn't waking up in my bed as usual, but was lying on his chest, tightly wrapped in Charles' arm. "Good morning Mon Amour...did you sleep well?" he asked me in his morning voice. "Yes, very well!" I grinned. Now he smiled too and gave me a kiss on the top of my head. We still had almost 3 hours until we had to get to the track, which is why he gave me sweatpants and a T-shirt until I had to go down. I thanked him and took the clothes and put them on while he went into the kitchen and made breakfast. "Is this going to become a ritual with the bowls?" I asked him with a laugh and made myself a messy bun. "I guess I could really get used to the sight of you in my clothes with messy hair, Ma Cheré." he grinned and placed a bowl in front of me. I ate my breakfast with relish while he just looked at me grinning. Apparently he was also replaying last night in his head. I did that too. Shortly after breakfast I put my things together so that I didn't forget anything. "I'll see you soon, I'll take you with me Mon Amour!" he said goodbye and I went down to Esteban. "Oh, who got lost back home? Would you like to tell me where you were?" he asked, knowing I was with Charles. "You don't have to do that, I heard you last night!" he said now, a little angry. I ignored him completely and ran into my room to get myself some fresh underwear, a pair of jeans and one of the Ferrari shirts. Without even looking at Este To appreciate it, I went to shower and changed. Back in the living room I decided to sit next to Este who looked at me angrily. "COME ON Y/N YOU KNOW I ONLY WANT THE BEST FOR YOU BUT WHY CHARLES?! HE TAKES RISKS WITH EVERY RACE HIS LIFE AND I DON'T WANT TO SEE MY SISTER STANDING IN THE CEMETERY AFTER A RACE AND SAYING GOODBYE TO HER BOYFRIEND!" he shouted at me. "My God Esteban, I drive just like you! We both know how dangerous the sport is but we do it anyway! Please let me make my own decisions!" I complained back. I knew that Charles would hear us if I screamed, but I think it was already too late because a short time later there was a knock on the door. "Y/N, you're okay "I heard you scream?" he asked, worried about me. I closed the door behind him and just hugged him. "Charles, you better go, what I have to discuss with Y/N is none of your business!" Esteban complained to him. Charles immediately tensed up and held me even tighter. "Of course it's his business, he's the reason why you yell at me!" I screamed through tears. "How wait, your argument has to do with me?" asked Charles, now confused. "Yes, I heard you yesterday, the floor is thin as paper.." Esteban said, now embarrassed. I got a message and, curious as I was, reached for my phone. What I read stopped me in my tracks.

Formula 1: Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc seen with Y/N Ocon! The two seemed like more than friends! They were spotted having a fancy meal! Fans and paparazzi took photos of them entering and leaving the restaurant holding hands, and at a traffic light you got a glimpse of the Ferrari driver's car with his hand on her thigh! Are they a couple?

I read the article out loud. "Damn what do these bastards think they are?" I complained. Charles just stroked my back reassuringly. "Is what they wrote there true? Are you a couple?" Esteban now asked calmly. Charles and I just looked at each other in surprise. "We haven't talked about it yet..." Charles replied. "Aha" only came from Esteban. I looked at the clock and realized we had to be there in 15 minutes. "Fuck! We have to go!" I screamed. Now Charles and Esteban also noticed how late it was and we drove downstairs together, with Charles looking at me asking if I still wanted to drive to the track with him. I just nodded. So we got into the car and drove off. There were already a few reporters and paparazzi waiting at the paddock who tried to get a statement from Charles and me, but we ignored them and ran straight to the paddock to get some peace and quiet. Before he went to change, he gave me a quick kiss on the forehead. Then it was time for me to change and set up the show again. Completely changed, Mattia told me that the Lap formation was about to start and I had to get out. I quickly ran to Carlos' car and got in, whereupon Alessandro gave me my steering wheel and my gloves. Then the signal came that I had to get out. Since I started on pole, I had to get out first. I quickly drove to the line. "Radio Check Y/N?!" came from Renee. "Loud and Clear!" I answered and received a great from Reneè. Shortly afterwards the Lap formation began. I was the first to join in, followed by Charles and Max. I felt sorry for Charles just thinking about Mattias' words .

"It's best to give it 200% when running Y/N, you have to show the world that you deserve it!"

I deserved it, that was out of the question, but Charles would be more than disappointed not to win on his home track again. But I couldn't let him win. I had to drive fairly and only think about my victory. The "traffic light" snapped me out of my thoughts. As soon as the light went out I started without delay. "Perfect start, keep it up!" I heard Reneè say but I tuned out the team radio as long as it wasn't something important. The safety car came out after the first 3 laps. In order to keep the tires at the right temperature, I drove in serpentine lines as best I could. "Okay Y/N next lap the safety car is gone, you definitely have to leave Max and Charles behind you!" said Reneè. Max was an outstanding driver, I wasn't sure if I could do it. So I fought one for 5 laps Fight with Max for the pole but he had to pit, which is why I got a lead. I kept it. "Box Y/N, box!" I heard it and drove in. Despite my pit stop, I kept pole with Charles now hanging on my tail. I kept him behind me until the penultimate lap but then he got DRS and overtook me. So I had 1 1/2 laps left to get Charles back from pole whether I liked it or not. But I managed it shortly before the end of the final lap. So I won the race closely followed by Charles, Lewis and Max.