Chapter 3

"CHARLES?!?!?" my brother shouted, apparently not in such a good mood anymore. I just watched the spectacle. "How do you know I live here?? And why are you bothering my sister?" he asked angrily. I just giggled a little which earned me a confused look. "He's not bothering me, he's our neighbor and he pointed out to me that we need to put a sign on the doorbell." I answered for Charles. Esteban was now apparently completely confused. While I continued to act as if I didn't really know him knew. "You know each other?" I asked my brother. "Yes, he's driving for the opposing team." he replied bluntly. I nodded. "Okay Charles, I think you'd better go, I have to go again myself!" I said to the Monegasque. Who just nodded and left the apartment with a grin.
"Why did you let him in?" my brother asked calmly. I shrugged my shoulders. "He's our neighbor and I just wanted to be nice, but I really have to go and discuss something with Otmar and pick up my stuff! " I said and grabbed my bag. Esteban just nodded and I went to the elevator. In the hallway I only saw Charles standing in front of my door but I didn't care. "Where do you have to go?" the Monegasque finally asked as he entered the elevator. "Go to the paddock to pick up my passport and my team shirts." I replied bluntly which gave me a surprised look. "Which team?" he finally asked when we arrived in the underground car park. "Alpine Racing!" I smiled. "That means we'll see each other more often?" he smiled now. I nodded and opened my car. "Is there anything else I can help you with or do you just want to chase me?" I asked him now annoyed. He could easily know that I didn't particularly like him yet. He shook his head and went back towards the elevator.
Relieved, I got into my car and drove off. The city traffic was terrible and it took me half an hour to get to the paddock. I just showed the security at the entrance my temporary pass and they opened the barrier. Luckily there wasn't that much going on here so I was able to relax and walk towards the Alpine Motorhome. As I stood in front of Otmar's office, I took a deep breath and knocked. Not much later I heard a quick "come in" from him and opened the door.
"Ahhhh Y/N, it's nice that you were able to do so at such short notice, sit down!" he said in a friendly manner and pointed to one of the chairs in front of his desk. I sit down and he started immediately. "So you wanted to show me some of your DTM and karting times !" he smiled. So I dug out a USB stick and handed it to him. He immediately looked at the footage and looked at me in shock. "Is that look a good or a bad sign?" I asked the team boss cautiously. He just grinned. "How about you work here for the rest of the season and then you can go on as a test driver with a chance of getting a place in the team? right team? Right at F1," he grinned and my heart jumped out of my chest. I was probably grinning like a jack of all trades. "Um, I don't know what to say Otmar, this is a unique opportunity that I'll take of course!" I still smiled broadly. Without further ado, Otmar stood up and told me that I should follow him into the paddock. Of course I followed him. On the On the way there he told me that I should spend a lot of time in the speakers and on the headset because I was supposed to give the announcements to my brother. I actually thought that I was just giving the drivers their water and all that nonsense, but that bothered me nervous. When we arrived at my new workplace, he explained everything to me and I took notes on it. Actually, I already knew the whole thing, but this time I was the one who checked everything. When we were done with that, he just gave me a travel bag with the team clothing and gave me my paddock pass, whereupon he said goodbye and I made my way to the parking lot. There I got into my car and drove back home. But not without a stop at an ice cream parlor and Kelly's. By now it was quite late but I wasn't tired so I decided to go for a walk. I slowly walked down the streets around the marina where I sat on one of the docks and just looked out to sea. After a while I was pulled out of my thoughts by a familiar voice. When I turned around I saw Lando, he had also been driving karts with me at the time. "Hey big guy, how are you?" I asked the Brit after I hugged him. He was the only one from my karting days with whom the contact became less but didn't break off. We also visited each other every now and then "Oh yes, I have to, I have another race this weekend!" he said excitedly. I giggled a bit. "You're still as excited before a race as you were back then!" I laughed. He nodded, probably caught. "What are you doing out here alone?" he now asked. I shrugged my shoulders. "Would you like to come to a yacht party?" One of the boys invited us and said we could bring someone with us if we wanted?" he asked. I just nodded and went with the Brit, who was just a little taller than me. When we arrived, the music got louder and louder. Friday by Riton was just playing . So I got on the yacht after Lando and went straight onto the deck where the party was taking place. There was a small bar set up there and I walked straight towards it. I grabbed the last free seat on the far left next to a guy with dark brown hair disheveled hair. He first looked over at me briefly and then a second time in surprise. "Y/N, what are you doing here? How did you know?" asked the Monegasque. I looked at him now too and realized it was Charles sitting next to me. I just laughed and pointed at Lando. "You know him?" he asked confused until the image of karting came back into his head. "Yes, I drove karts with him and Max back then, but I can't remember the others." I replied, taking a sip of my Bombay Sprite. I could already see it coming if I drink as much today as I always do, then I might end up going to bed with someone present. According to Charles Blick, things were no different for him when he drank too much. So the evening passed with one mixer after another and a really nice conversation with Charles. The later it got, the drunker we got. After a while we went dancing and as luck would have it there was only one chair left at the bar so I decided to sit on Charles' lap. A short time later I noticed that it was starting to get heavy and felt his breath on my neck. He left goosebumps where his breath hit me. "It may not be right and it may be stupid but I want you Y/N!" he whispered in my ear causing a tremor in me that I couldn't control.