new characters: the mercenaries and victim.

"𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫"
"𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐢 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰"
"𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐟𝐚𝐫"
"𝐢𝐟 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐞"
"𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮′𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭"
───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
oh shiiiii sorry sorry im so sorry everyone im not dead i swear 😭😭😭
anyways i HC that victim looks like a really stern guy to everyone but is actually pretty mellow and pretty much a softie with people he's close with/likes
(special thanks to everyone who voted, here's the results of the poll! drum roll please...)
(for number one, A won with 3 votes!)
(for number two, B won with 4 votes!!)
(in the mercenaries' scenarios, y/n is a very grouchy recruit who's physically enhanced)
(and well well well, look which stickman showed up....)

meeting them

the mercenaries 💼
══════════════════
"I've gathered you all here today for a reason," Victim said, putting his hands under his chin, eyeing the four mercenaries he trusted the most. "It's quite a big announcement for you, but just see for yourselves."

"Yup, uh-huh," Ballista crossed his arms.

Signman shot Ballista a look as Primal and Shady put their focus on their supreme leader. "As I was saying," Victim continued, taking a deep, quiet breath before continuing his sentence.

"You have a new member on your team."

The four stood frozen, surprised. For a while, they stayed that way until the metallic door behind them slid open. "Punctual as ever," Victim smiled as he gestured his hand towards you. "Meet Y/N, the newest recruit with genetically enhanced abilities."

You bowed to Victim, briefly glancing over at the four of them before turning back to him. You remained quiet as the four mercenaries looked over at you in curiosity, eyeing you from head to toe. "Take a picture, it'll last longer," you retorted, scoffing at them before returning your gaze back to Victim.

No one said a word until Shady, the leader of the group, broke the silence by speaking up.

"But, you said that they were a new recru-"

"Oh, they'll do just fine," Victim interrupted Shady as he smiled mysteriously. You secretly shot a glare at him, feeling slightly offended. "Don't look down upon our organization's genetic modification abilities..."

Upon hearing so, Shady nodded reluctantly in understanding, stepping back to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with his other members. "I expect you to treat Y/N like an equal," Victim concluded. "Unless you would prefer getting... "reprimanded", instead of being a nice team player."

Primal scoffed as Signman shuddered quietly. Shady and Ballista both exchanged looks before all of them put their focus back on their leader.

The room fell silent until Victim cleared his throat, turning his head to look at you. "It is decided then, Y/N," he said with a quiet chuckle. "You have been assigned a team. I hope you'll warm up to Shady, Primal, Signman and Barista soon."

Everyone in the room exchanged looks, Victim simply smiling. For what reason? To be honest, only god would know.

"So... nice to meet you?" Shady took a step closer to you, extending his arm for a handshake. His sentence sounded more like a question rather than a greeting.

Well, this was going to be one hell of a ride for sure...

victim 🌑
══════════════════
Signing that stupid, god forsaken contract was the last thing you ever wanted to do.