p a r t t w o

Start bij het begin

"Great, thank you so much."

— — —

"Motherfucker." I sighed, head against the steering wheel as I sat in the parking lot.

Since I was still able to drive with my arm being injured, it was a relief to know I didn't have to call someone when I needed to go somewhere.

I called coach and waited as it rang.

"Davis! What's up?" He answered, fuck.

"Hey, coach! I was told to update you about my six weeks." "I was hoping you'd say that, how'd it go?" "Well.. he started by telling me that the break had barely healed." I sighed again.

"Oh goodness, I'm so sorry." "No that uh- that's the last thing I'm worried about right now." I chuckled.

"What else happened?" "I tore it."

"Jesus, come on Davis." He sighed. "I know, I'm sorry." I mumbled. "I've seen enough of these in my time, so I assume you're about to tell me that you're doing the surgery?" He said.

"Uhm, yea," I nodded, even if he couldn't see it, "I'm gonna be out for maybe ten weeks."

"Yea, yea, I know." I could hear him shuffling around, "whatever you think is best, we're all on board of course."

"Great," I couldn't help but smile, knowing the team had my back even if they didn't say it, "is there anything I need to do, or know, before I get started with all of this?"

"I mean, I'm sure you figured it out already, but we're gonna put you on IR, and we're gonna ask for dates of surgery, checkups, and a few others things, I can send you a small list if it's easier. After your last appointment, you're gonna have to come back here and see our medical staff, so that you can get their approval for coming back, whenever the happens. And if they give you any medication, let us know, just so if it comes up in future drug tests, we know about it beforehand."

"Alright," I nodded again, "I'll be sure to remember." "I'll send you a list, there's a few more things, so I apologize for the difficult process." "No you're fine," I giggled, "I apologize for putting you through this difficult process." I joked.

"It happens, unfortunately. You're not the first, and I'm sure you won't be the last." He chuckled. "Okay, I gotta go. I have to make a few calls and I'm sure you have to schedule some things, so good luck."

"Alright, thank you so much. I'll call whenever I get the dates." I said. "Great, thank you." "No problem, bye." "Buh-bye." And he hung up.

I sighed once more and turned the car on.

— — —

I had ordered sushi for dinner, and I was currently studying for an upcoming test while I waited, going back and forth between taking notes, looking back at the computer screen, and mumbling to myself.

The doorbell rang and I stood up, practically running to the door, "hi." I greeted the man with a smile as he handed me the food, "hey." He returned the smile and I looked up at him.

It was a man about my age, he had curly brown hair, and green eyes that were just gorgeous.

"Enjoy the food," he chuckled, "have a nice day." "Thank you, you too."

As he walked away, I shut the door, spinning around on my heels as my face turned red. I shook it off, and went back to my place at the table, sitting in front of the computer, once again.

Before I had the chance to do anything else, my phone went off.

When I picked it up, I noticed a message from Vince, and a few notifications from the NHL app.

Vince <3

Heard the appt was
today

How did it go?

Can you call?

It'll be easier to explain🙏

*incoming call from Vince <3*

"Hey!" I smiled as his face showed up on my screen, "you didn't have to facetime-" "oh I know, we just wanted to see you." He flipped the camera onto the guys, and they all waved, smiles on all their faces.

They were still in the locker room, not even out of their gear yet.

"That's sweet of you guys," I giggled, "how did the game go?" I asked, opening the bag of food.

"Great! We played Vegas, and we won, the score was four to one." He smiled.

"Mm, sounds pretty nice, congratulations to you all." I smiled. "Thank you, thank you. Now how did the appointment go?"

Going on to explain what happened, they all gave their unwanted opinions.

"You shouldn't have done that!"

I rolled my eyes, "I wanted food, and didn't have any, so I brought groceries. How was I supposed to know I was going to pull something in my arm carrying them in?" "Well, I hope you learned your lesson." Colton spoke, coming into the frame.

"Oh yea, definitely," I said sarcastically, "I'm never buying groceries again now." I shook my head.

"So how long do you think you'll be out for?" Vince asked, pulling the phone back towards him.

I shrugged, "ten weeks, at the least." "You going with the surgery?" "Probably."

He nodded, "well good luck." "Thanks." I breathed a laugh, taking a bite out of the sushi before turning back towards the computer.

"You guys got another game tomorrow?" I asked, changing the subject.

"San Jose, you gonna watch?" He asked, sarcastically. "Probably not, I got a shit ton of studying to do." I sighed.

"Speaking of, how's that going?"

"I'm studying for a test I have in like three days, and then I have a couple more I need to work on before they're late, but it's going pretty good now. I haven't failed anything since I've had this time off, so I really think I'm gonna pass them all." I smiled, nodding.

"Look at you, you little graduate." He laughed. "Not yet, but very soon." I pointed at him.

"Alright, I gotta go change out of my gear, thanks for talking." He smiled. "Yea of course, thanks for distracting me." I giggled.

"Good luck with your test, keep us updated yea?" "Thank you, I will."

"Talk to you later Kay." "Mhm, bye Vince."

He hung up and I shut my phone off, turning my attention back to studying.

— — —

5-21-23

I think it's okay so far, it's
a little bit slow rn but it'll
get interesting soon lmaoo

Hope you enjoyed <3