That's what she's worried about right now?

I can't help but chuckle.

"No one can see anything, babe." I reassure.

She hums something but it's impossible to decipher, cuddling into me even more.

"I'm going to figure this out, I promise." I whisper.

I turn another corner to our street, approaching Dez' bar. Going through the alley next to it, I take the side exit down to avoid people. Careful not to whack Aven's head off of anything, I manage to open the door with my foot and get us into the stairwell going to the basement bar. My feet echo the concrete steps as we pass the poster-plastered red walls with the music drowning our ears. The sharp heel of her stiletto accidentally rips an old poster right through the middle.

I shut my eyes and clench my teeth silently.

Sorry, Dez.

"What was that?" Aven slurs with her eyes still closed.

"Nothing." I lie and keep walking.

I kick open the steel door and enter the hallway of bathrooms, walking along. Turning to the physical bar on my left, I immediately spot Dez behind the counter and Niall perched on a stool talking to her. They both turn to look at me, then at Aven lying in my arms.

"Oh, you've gotta be fucking with me." Niall stares in shock.

"What did you do!" Dez adds.

"What?" I tilt my head in confusion, then look down at Aven. "Oh! No, I didn't do this to her. She's hammered and I need help."

"Take her into the backroom before people start to look..." Dez suggests.

I walk around the bar and hurry her into the backroom. Through the swinging door, the blue lights fill my sight.

"Lay her down on the couch."

I gently bend over and lay her delicate head on the pillow, her limbs turning to putty as she releases. I maneuver her on her side in case she gets sick.

"You said you weren't going after her tonight!" Niall is quick to scold.

"I didn't!"

"Oh really?" He puts his hands on his hips in disbelief.

"She came to me this time! I was out getting cigarettes and she quite literally fell into my arms."

"That's bullshit."

"Sounds like bullshit." Dez agrees.

"It's not, I swear." I shake my head. "She had an event tonight, I read it in her calendar. It's across town."

"Then how did she get here like that?"

"She must've walked. I don't know what to do."

"Well, she can't stay here, and she sure as hell isn't going to the apartment where Nova is." Niall defends.

"I know that. But I can't just leave her in the street."

"Why not drop her back off at the event?"

"Because she's been gone for at least an hour! Who knows if it's even still going? I have to take her back to Malikai's estate."

Niall widens his eyes.

"You're joking."

"I wish I was."

"We could barely sneak in ourselves that one time. How are you going to get her drunk ass in there?"

"I haven't thought that far, but she needs to be found there rather than on the street. If they find her at home they maybe will just assume she left early. This can't be the first time she's drank too much."