Chapter II: Back to Base - Allison

Allison walks alongside her friend as they try to get to some sort of civilization to get supplies. She put on her earmuffs after the fight and forced Julia to put hers on as well.

Sometimes she has to be the mother of the pair. She is the older one by two years, after all, aging at twenty-nine years old. She hates how childish Julia can be sometimes. It was her fault they got caught in the Yiga hideout in the first place. If they just stopped to create a strategy, they would have been fine. But nope, Julia just thinks she can take on any obstacle with just a swing of her sword. At least she had the idea to use the invisibility potion.

"Are we almost there? My legs hurt." Julia complains, irritating Allison even more.

The blonde suppresses her emotions however, knowing that it's just Julia's personality. "We should be. The trees are thinning out, and I can see the sky clearer."

Julia nods her head and stays quiet, now for some reason seeming less peppy. After a couple moments, Allison asks a question that's been bugging her since the fight. "Have you ever seen those Terrains before? The third realm has never been so aggressive from what I can remember."

"No." She notices Julia's hazel eyes darken like storm clouds. This happens when she is thinking hard on something that could be dangerous. "They can't be allies to Hyrule or Lorule, or else they would have known who we were. I fear they are new recruits of the dark forces."

"The Twili will not have gone so low as to recruit Terrains! They know the laws of war!" Allison becomes enraged at the thought of her enemies twisting the minds of innocent Terrains.

"Who ever said they follow the laws?" Julia shakes her head to get rid of the negative thoughts.

The two finally make it to the edge of the forest. Allison's blue eyes land on a beautiful city below the hill they are standing on. "Come on, let's go get some food to stock up on. That way we won't have to go back to the castle, and-"

"STOP. RIGHT. THERE!" The two turn around and her eyes widen when she sees Metal Man fixed and flying toward them at the speed of a rocket. Thinking fast, Allison takes a gem out of her pocket, grabs Julia's wrist, and crushes the gem in her fist.

As they are being teleported away, they hear a voice that sounds like it belonged to the khaki pants man. "Damn. Lost them again."

Allison opens her eyes to see they appeared right in front of Hyrule Castle, their base. She turns to Julia with a worried expression. "Again? What did he mean by that?"

"Maybe..." Julia locks eyes with her, her irises all dark and stormy. "They have been watching us every time we had to take a portal there."

The thought shakes her to the core. She never thought they would be watching her and Julia like that - every time they visited. Maybe, right now, they're being watched. Allison shakes her head, there is no way they could be being watched right now. They are as safe as ever whilst in front of Hyrule Castle.

She walks up the drawbridge along with Julia and the two say the password, "Skyward and through the Twilight," making the drawbridge come down. Ali takes her friend's hand and leads her through the Market so the younger girl doesn't get distracted.

Julia tugs on the short sleeve of Allison's dark green shirt and points to many stores. "We haven't been here in forever, Ali! Oh, can we get some more Goron Ambers to have as snacks?! What about a new set of arrows? Ah! Allison, there's a spear with Guardian tech in the head!"

"Our pockets aren't bottomless! They're enhanced to hold a certain amount of stuff, remember?" she reminds the twenty-seven year old. "Besides, we should save our rupees for when we actually need something."

"Alright..." Julia sighs, making her feel a bit guilty. However, she knows that it would be unwise to waste their resources on petty things. Especially when others can use it better than they can.

Allison walks with her fellow heroine up to the castle. She looks at Julia and the brunette nods, taking out her bow and notching an arrow. For the second drawbridge, which is for the castle, the two heroes have to prove they are themselves by doing something no commander from the Twilight is able to do. Julia lets her arrow fly, and it penetrates the center of the target that rests on the tallest tower. Allison takes out a cheap spear and chucks it in the same exact place as the arrow. The soldiers let them in without any further delay.

Zelda, the princess of Hyrule, greets them immediately. The princess is a bit shorter than the blonde, and a smidge taller than Julia. Her hair is dirty blonde, and her eyes are a deep blue. Zelda's dress is pink and purple representing her treaty with Hilda, the princess of Lorule.

"You made it back! I was starting to get worried that you fell into the hands of the Yiga." Zelda puts her right hand on her chest to settle her heartbeat. Allison catches sight of the Triforce of Wisdom mark etched onto the back of her hand.

She rubs the back of her right hand where the Triforce of Courage is held. "Nah, those Yiga don't have anything on us. We just got caught up in the Terrain Realm."

"Yeah!" Julia's eyes widen and she jumps up in front of the princess. "These Terrains ambushed us! It was so weird because I've never been attacked by a Terrain before. Their fighting clothes were weird, too. There was this man dressed in blue, this man made of metal, a woman in all black, a man in just plain normal clothes, and a bow and arrow guy! We had to use invisibility potion to get away, which was my idea."

Throughout Julia's explanation, Zelda's expression turns to one of concern. After she is finished, Zelda gestures for the girls to come with her. "Follow me."

Allison walks next to the princess with Julia walking behind them. She follows Zelda through the training grounds. "That's a very cool method of training."

The soldiers use their preferred weapons to hack away at a hay dummy. Since the dummy is made of straw, it doesn't get beat up as much as a metal one would, allowing multiple soldiers to have a go at it before they have to replace it. On the other side, archers practice many types of flips and shots with their bows and arrows, making that one Terrain archer look like an amateur.

Once the group gets to the throne room, Zelda walks over and takes something out of a drawer. When she turns around, Allison can see it looks like a clear orb with violet mist circling around inside.

"I got terrible news while you were away, and it unfortunately involves the Terrain Realm." Zelda looks glumly at the heroines.

Julia eyes the crystal ball and crosses her arms over her light orange shirt. "We just escaped there, and now we have to go back?"

Allison glares at her, which makes her step down. Thank goodness Zelda doesn't seem to mind. "Princess, this may not be the best course of action. However, we will do so without complaints if it is necessary."

"If it wasn't necessary, I wouldn't have asked you to go." Zelda states plainly, making Allison smirk at her friend. Zelda gives the glass ball to the blonde. "There is a Twilight commander stationed in the Terrain Realm somewhere. At the very least, we need you to drive it away. That orb will climb up the colors of the rainbow to show you if you are getting close to the commander."

"Hold on a second!" Julia's eyes widen, and she needs to make sure she heard everything right. "A Twilight commander is in Terra?! What are the Twili thinking?! Do you at least know who the commander is?"

Zelda shakes her head glumly. "I'm afraid I don't, or tracking the monster would be a lot easier. All I can give you is this orb my top mage was able to whip up while you were gone. Remember, once it reaches the color red, you are at the location of the commander."

"So, just follow the same path until we reach the commander, huh?" Allison looks over the orb with amazement, and decides they better get going. "Don't worry, princess, we won't let you down!"

Zelda waves at her heroes as she takes a gem out of her pocket, grabs Julia's arm and crushes the gem between her fingers. Together, they are teleported back to the Terrain Realm, where they hopefully won't run into those Terrains again.