Prologue: History of the War

In order to keep the cosmos balanced, the ancient beings created the six realms. These six realms balanced the nature of the universe, creating six different branches in which people could live.

The realms lived together in peace. Realms 1 and 2 had a powerful force that was made to help their land flourish - this force was called the Triforce. With the two top realms each possessing a Triforce, they were the protectors of the other four realms.

Realm 1 is named Hyrule, home of the Hylians and many other races. Their Triforce contained the three virtues of Power, Wisdom, and Courage. The king and queen of Hyrule made sure their Triforce was protected so no one would steal it. After all, it is said that if anyone touches the Triforce, they may get any wish granted.

Realm 2 is called Lorule, home of the Lolians and other races. Their Triforce contained the virtues of Valor, Energy, and Magic. The king and queen of Lorule actively let people make wishes on occasion, with some restrictions of course.

The third realm is named Terrain. This one is familiar to most people, as it houses the humans. The Terrain Realm remains oblivious to anything that goes around in the other realms. Honestly, none of them know there even are other realms in their midst. No, instead they go about their happy lives being unknowingly protected by realms 1 and 2.

Realm 4 is Eiríni, commonly known as the Peace Realm. This realm is sworn into eternal passive manners, never to be in a war if one were to break out. It also houses the ancient race of the Eirínians. They have Hylian/Lolian appearances, but are undoubtedly very different. Their ancient customs and knowledge of magic is unparalleled compared to anyone in the other realms.

Realms 5 and 6 are quiet and dark. No life thrives there, no one even visits there. This doesn't bother the other realms however, because they would rather keep their distance than disturb the peace.

Yes, everything was fine in the lands of the four active realms, but nothing can last forever.

One day, in Lorule, the second realm, a riot broke out. A group of greedy people attacked the castle, killing the king and queen, and demanded to have the Triforce for themselves. In response to this, the princess ordered the Triforce to be destroyed. The Triforce was the foundation of the land, and without it Lorule started wasting away.

The king and queen of Hyrule saw this as an opportunity. They could finally rule over all the realms like how they secretly wanted. See, Lorule wanted to keep the peace between realms 5 and 6, and they forbade Hyrule to disturb those two realms. With Lorule weakened, Hyrule could finally take over all 6 realms without anyone in their way.

They started their conquest at realm 4, the Realm of Peace. Mercilessly, Hyrule destroyed the Eirínians and burned their realm to the ground. Eiríni was to stand as an example to those who would question Hyrule's power. Once they left the realm, they couldn't enter it again. All ties of Eiríni have been severed, and all of its life drained as if it never had existed in the first place. In present day, it remains as a myth, and is referred to as the Lost Realm.

Hyrule continued onward and entered realm 5. Once they stepped foot in the realm, it came alive. It became the Twilight Realm. Monsters and Twili emerged and quickly overtook the Hylians, who were forced to retreat once the king and queen were killed.

The princess of Hyrule was now old enough to understand what was happening. She called off the war and banished all of the power hungry Hylians to the sixth realm, which is now known as the Sacred Realm. Hyrule was in ruins, and so the princess decided she must make amends. She went to the princess of Lorule and apologized for her parents' behavior. Together, they promised to protect the remaining realms. In order to balance out their rule once more, the Hylian princess used her own Triforce to wish Lorule's Triforce back into existence.

Everything seemed fine until a couple years later. Secretly, the banished Hylians in the Sacred Realm evolved and grew. They invaded like a virus and manipulated the Twilight Realm to join their cause. United, the Sacred and Twilight Realms planned their attack and bided their time until they could get their revenge on Hyrule.

Once they attacked, it looked like all hope was lost for Hyrule and Lorule. Just when they were at their weakest, two heroines emerged from the darkness and brought light to the land. Together, they drove out the monsters. Since they were both from Hyrule, they have been titled the Heroines of Hyrule.

Every year after that, the enemies come up with a new plan of attack, and every year the heroines respond with a victory. Over time, the inhabitants of the Twilight and Sacred Realms grew tired of revenge. Instead, their minds were tainted by the hunger for what gives the heroines so much power. The Triforces.

If they could just get the Triforces, then they could take over all the realms. It became clear to them that their new goal was power, and only power. However, the heroines stand strong. One was given the Triforce of Courage, and the other possessed the Triforce of Magic from Lorule. United with two mirrored pieces of the Triforces, the monsters stood no chance. The Triforce of Wisdom was bestowed on the princess of Hyrule to keep safe. The last piece, the Triforce of Power, was stolen. The Twili were able to get their hands on it, and it now rests their leader.

The Lorule Triforce, however, was able to stay out of the clutches of evil. The Triforce of Valor was handed down to a merchant named Ravio to protect. He is a Lolian who travels constantly. The Triforce of Energy remains with Lorule's princess.

Hyrule and Lorule continue to fight for light and peace with the Heroines of Hyrule leading their hopes. The Twilight and Sacred Realms press on and battle for darkness and power. Eiríni remains lost, abandoned, destroyed, and forgotten by all. Terrain stays oblivious to everything that's going on. They have no idea a war is waging in their neighboring realms, the Realms of Light fighting for their protection and the Realms of Darkness fighting for their destruction.