Chapter 5 - Savior Among The Storm

Start from the beginning

Y/N: "Its okay Brigitte, I know what he means, But I do take the compliment from her godfather" You say as you kneel to the mountain of a man.

Reinhardt: "On your feet squire, you may be looking to be one of my pupils like Brigitte but there is no need to kneel down to me".

Brigitte: "Alright Reinhardt, Its time we go, Lets go Y/N!".

You and Brigitte then wave to Reinhardt as you board the dropship with your next location set to Egypt.

A Couple Hours Pass...

You and Brigitte had leaned against each other and passed out asleep on the dropship until you heard a loud BANG! followed by the sound of the drop ship going down.

Y/N: "What's just happened?!" You yell out waking from you slumber.

Brigitte: "I don't know what happened but we are going down".

Y/N: "Brigitte, Take my hand!" You reach out to pull her towards you.

Brigitte struggles to reach your hand but then you unbuckle your seat belt to grab her.

Y/N: "I got ya!".

Brigitte: "Y/N! I can't hold onto you much longer" Brigitte is slowly slipping down your arm

You then use all your strength to swing Brigitte up to you as wrap your arms around her and buckle your seat belt. 

Y/N: "I wont let go of you Brigitte! Even if it costs me my life, I promised Reinhardt to protect his squire!" You then whip out your shield angling it to protect Brigitte from hitting her head.

Brigitte: "Y/N!"

The dropship then crashes and slides across the ground for what felt like miles...

Brigitte's POV

I wake up in pitch black, I don't even remember what happened, I look around so see myself wrapped in Y/N's arms, his shield just barely activating with cracks throughout the entire barrier, but he's completely knocked out.

Brigitte: "Y/N! Are you okay?!".

I immediately checked for his pulse, its there but only barely, Lifting his head up he's bleeding from his skull. I unbuckled his seat belt to lay him down to examine him further and treat his wounds, I was able to treat them but he's still out cold and his heart rate is still slow.

Brigitte: "Its no good, We don't have the needs to treat him properly here".

Opening the hatch on the side of the drop ship there's a sandstorm whipping up dust everywhere, its no use, we cant anywhere with this sandstorm outside, it also looks like we slid down a mountain face for miles on end.

Brigitte: "Even so, I have to keep treating his wounds and send out a distress signal in hopes of getting someone's attention".

Salvaging what we have inside the drop ship, I found a pack of flares and a flare gun, an emergency radio but it took some damage coming in, a couple days worth of rations and luckily enough a full tank of water.

Brigitte: "I know I'm talking to myself here, but we will make it through this Y/N, you gave up so much for me, using your shield and body to prevent harm to me, we just have to wait this storm out for as long as we can".

In the time I had, I sent up a signal flare to see if someone would find it, Divided the rations for the two of us and attempted to fix the radio but no luck. If only Y/N were awake, I could use his guidance. I just tried to sleep away the time we had to wait, there wasn't much we could do in this situation, cuddling up next to Y/N with the emergency heat blankets was the best thing I could do to keep us both warm.