YOU PLAYED WELL!

Hello readers!

Here's the next chapter ... YOU PLAYED WELL...

P.S : Forgive me  for any errors as English isn't my first language.

Enjoy your reading...

***************************************************************

Arjun and Varn were at the coffee house, sipping the coffee and talking about that incident. "What about that girl? Do you remember?" Arjun asked Varn, making him to stop sipping and attending his question. 

"College isn't gonna end tomorrow. We have ample amount of time to figure out her details. Don't worry! She is an artist right! So, she would definitely come to the collaborative hall frequently." He replied in a hoping way. 

"Please have a note. Frequently, not daily" Arjun gave him a counter.

"There will be a day right!" he said with a smile.

"Definitely!" Arjun supported him by patting.

As usually, the collaborative hall had been filled with enormous number of students. But there was a special show of the band is going on. 

All the band members were high on their energies and producing cool beats in the breezy winter. It seemed like Varn and Chaithra took the lead and performed their multi-tasking in vocals and their respective instruments.

 All the other artists had stopped their business and concentrated upon the band's performance including Nethra. She observed their ease in their way of singing and playing their instrument.

Nethra's POV:

As soon as I entered the hall, I found an area attracting a huge audience. I was intrigued by those beats and approached near the band. Chaithra's and Varn's performances were on top notch as those gave an ultimate eargasm. 

No one could stay calm in their heart without praising them, listening to those pure tunes. There's some magic in Varn's hands. The way he carries and handles the guitar and mike simultaneously captures everyone's attention.

 The whole hall was under the vibration which was in their control. How could he handle his campaigning publicity and his music parallelly. It was quite surprising. Oh no! The show is about to end. 

Shall I convey my apology to him? Was he thought that I'm a rude one? And also, Chaithra knows him. What would she think if I say sorry in presence of her? How to face her?

Performance had completed therefore Varn and Chaithra hugged each other and got off the stage packing their things. So, these two must be close friends. I shouldn't have said all this to Chaithra.

After descending the stage, while watching the audience vaguely, Varn accidentally encountered a glimpse of Nethra who had already been looking at him. His eyes were gleamed in happiness within that minimal range of eye contact.

 That made him to walk instantly towards her followed by Chaithra. Nethra noticed them coming towards her neither she could avoid the situation nor face it.

Oh god! they were coming towards me. I wish there was a wall between us or else a glitch in time to escape from this situation.

"Hello artist" said Varn adjusting his guitar. Before her return greeting, Chaithra responded by saying "Do you know her?"

Oh my god! This Chatty... she doesn't know to give some privacy for the sake of her friend. I don't understand what she gets while roasting and teasing me. Psycho... Just stop over reacting Chatty!

Railing his fingers through his hair, he controlled his anger towards Chaithra for spoiling his one of the most precious moments with Nethra. 

"Yeah, I know" he said curtly without any extension to it. Turning towards Nethra she said "So, that word 'HIM' refers to him right!" that made Nethra to feel awkward. Meanwhile Varn sighed Arjun who was observing the entire conversation from a distance.

 Arjun understood his situation and called Chaithra and she got diverted from the both. Nethra stood at ease after she went.

"Er... You played well" she told him in a hesitation. He simply said "Thank you" with a bow. "Er... I j u s t... w a n t e d to say sorry. I shouldn't have said that..." "Said What?" he asked her crossing his arms over his chest.

His confidence made each and every word coming out from her mouth a tongue twister that she was unable to communicate.

"Nothing. Just my opinion over your statement."

"Apologies accepted. And I shouldn't have made a statement that you felt judging in you. So, I reciprocate the same"

He said by bending downwards and his apology with his gesture made Nethra satisfied.

"May I know your name, miss?"

"I'm Nethra Anand."

"Varna Narendran, Varn" he said offering a hand shake. Nethra accepted and shook his hands with hers.

"Are you a member of the WhatsApp group of all the artists?"

"Oh! I'm not aware of that."

"No worries. I am an admin in that group. Would you like to share your number? I'll add you." He asked taking his phone from pocket.

Nethra thought for a second and said "Yeah! Take a note"...

After noting her number, he asked her "Hey! Our music band members were planning to have a dinner tomorrow. Would you like to join if you are free?" that words sounded different and new for Nethra as she hadn't spent time with any of her classmates so far. 

She was lost in thoughts whereas he was eagerly waiting for her reply.

"Chaithra would come for sure."

This sentence made her to tend towards joining the dinner. When she was about to say "I..."

"Sorry, I'm not gonna put you in this embarrassing situation further. I just offered a dinner do come if and only if you are interested." He said erupting her sentence.

"I know that you don't like when other's words influence you." He said with a smile which made her remember her rude argument in that embarrassing situation.

"Why don't you listen to me when ... I'm saying something..." made her realize her curt replies on that day ignoring his words and a smirk formed on Varn's face.

However, she continued her statement "I am saying that... I'll attend the dinner" she said after pausing for a while.

Saying "I ... have to go" she left the vicinity after noticing Chaithra coming towards them.

***********************************************************

Thanks for reading...

Hope you have liked the chapter...

Please do vote and comment if you like... <3...

Next chapter will be posted soon...

Prateeksha Ram.

***********************************************************